Four

I saw Mike going through cabinets looking for stuff

I saw Mike going through cabinets looking for stuff. I went over o help and so did Max. I stopped seeing they were about to have a conversation. 

"I get why El was your mage now." Max said to him, with a small smile.

"What?" Mike asked.

"Lucas, he told me all about her." Max responded.

"Yeah, well he shouldn't have." Mike coldly told her. I wondered why he hated her so much? Max looked back up at him, her smile fading.

"And just because you know the truth, it doesn't mean you're in our party." Mike told her. "You do know that right?" 

"Yeah, yeah, I know." Max lied. "I mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyway? I'm just saying, El? She sounds like she was really awesome." Mike faced changed from angry, to almost sad. He slammed the cabinet shut.

"Yeah, she was, until that thing took her, just like it took Bob." Mike then got up and left leaving Max and me, there. I got up and followed him

"What's your party?" I asked.

"It's my group of friends." He told me.

"Friend?"

"Someone you can trust, care for." 

"Trust? Care?" 

"Trust means that you can believe them" He started to explain "And care means that you don't want anything bad to happen to them. And friends never lie friends don't lie." He explained and I wondered why he wouldn't let Max be his friend.

"Why won't you let Max in?" I asked him.

"I don't know, it's just- we- we don't need anyone else." He told me.

"Well I think Max would be a great friend." I told him speaking the truth. Then I went to go get more supplies.

After we had all we needed Mike, Joyce, Hopper, and Jonathon took will into the shed. Dustin, Lucas, and Steve were off doing there own thing. Leaving me and Max alone sitting in front of each other in the hallway.

"If he finds us... will he send those dogs after us?" Max fearfully asked me.

"He will not find out." I assured her.

"Yeah, but- but if he does?" Max continued.

"He will send them." I told her, saying the hard truth since friends don't lie.

"You're still in that stupid hospital gown, come on let's get you some clothes." She got up reached out her hand, I held it and we went into Will's room. She gave me a sweater, pants, and a belt. 

"So what do you think?" She asked placing me in front of a mirror.

"I like it. It is...." I couldn't quite figure out the word.

"Comfortable?" She asked me?

"Yeah... comfortable." Me and her stood there smiling at each other for a little bit. Then my face got hot again, and it felt like things were moving in my stomach, my legs turned numb. Max was acting weird too. Then we heard the front door open. 

(A/N I'm sorry I know this is short, but I like to end on cliffhangers and I wanted to give some tension between Max and Y/N soooo here ya go)