•eight•

~•○●○•~

"Is it really necessary, guys?" Rajeeb hesitantly asks, looking at Kiaan's uncomfortable figure. 

"Absolutely!" Manav beams with excitement, pushing Rajeeb towards Kiaan who is awkwardly standing in front of the garden, a backpack slinging over his shoulders. 

"What's happening?" Kiaan mumbles slowly once Rajeeb reaches him. 

He supposes he is getting late for his first day of college, however, these men have other plans plotting in their heads. They all are dressed as if they are ready to attend a wedding, Avinash is standing impatiently with a camera in his hand while Arjun has his arms crossed across his chest, a fond smile gracing his lips. 

"Photo session because it's your first day of college?" Rajeeb replies, voice holding awkwardness that Kiaan is also feeling. 

"Why are you standing so far away? Come closer. I swear none of you will bite each other." Manav yells from a distance, snatching the Camera from Avinash's hands. 

Kiaan can't be anymore surprised by them. Are they really so cruel like they portray themselves to the world? Not only did they make him feel at home, they are also going all out and making all of his dreams come true. When he watched all of the kid's of his age going to prom, going to their graduation party with their parents and family, he was at home, celebrating his graduation alone. It was a forbidden dream for him. He knew he never got to experience something like that. 

Right after he graduated from high school, his father fell sick. At that time he grew closer to his father than ever. His father was finally ready to acknowledge his presence. His happiness was much higher and graver than all the loneliness he fought in his life. When he applied for colleges, he had a hope that his father would accompany him to his college and drop him to the dorms like every normal family. Maybe he will get to spend a full day with his father. But life didn't like his plans. A few days later his father passed away. He escaped before he could fulfill half of the promises he made to a heartbroken child, leaving the child at the hands of the monsters whom he tried to keep away. 

Kiaan willingly takes some steps closer to Rajeeb and puts his head on his shoulder, trying hard not to get emotional. He was never a fan of physical content as he never received that kind of treatment but Venom is teaching him things. Rajeeb is taken off guard by the sudden attack of love. But an amicable smile soon takes over his features, he brings the boy into a warm hug, tears pooling around his eyes. 

Rajeeb understands why they are so eager. It was already their plan to hold a photo session on Kiaan's first day of college to make it special for him and them. But they are pushing him first because Rajeeb wanted to do this more than anyone. He never really had the chance to see his little siblings go to school, they lost their innocent souls before they could experience anything good, before their big brother could save them. They would be of Kiaan's age. It makes him more emotional. Thinking of his dead brothers in Kiaan's place makes his heart heavy with guilt, hurt and pain. He is proud nonetheless. This boy is no less than a fighter, like his brothers. The only difference is that Kiaan is a survivor unlike his brothers. 

"You don't wanna look back and be embarrassed seeing all these crying pictures, right? Smile please!" Manav yells, trying his best to hide his own overflowing emotions. 

"Shall we?" Rajeeb gently asks to which Kiaan nods his head and breaks the hug. 

His face is red while his cheeks are decorated with freshly shed tears. Rajeeb gently wipes them with his handkerchief.