The Concert Tickets

Castiel sat in the computer chair of his desk, wiping the droplets from the shower off his skin as he logged on, running the towel through his messy hair before laying it on the side of the arm rest. The leather of the chair felt cool against the bare skin of his back as he pulled up the file that Dean had wanted him to go back over. Apparently something was wrong with it that he didn't like.

Castiel grumbled to himself as he scrolled through the file, quickly reading over what he had put in. It was just the the Winchester to tell him something was wrong but not exactly what.

It took a few minutes, but he found the error - it was very minor and Dean could have fixed it himself - before he clicked out of the file and moved onto the internet, looking at the things that he had found interesting a few days prior.

He looked through the news, wrinkling his nose as he read the gruesome stories. Honestly, he could have put on a horror movie and there'd be less terrible things in than this. He was about to move on, when he saw an article that had to do with The Devil's Angel.

The grin that split his face when he realized it was a concert schedule could not be compared to as he scrolled through, a little hope that they would be playing near this town. When he discovered that they were playing just thirty minute drive from his work, he nearly cheered, that is until he saw the tickets were no longer being sold.

He clicked on the article, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He wasn't sure how they could be sold out, only to let out a string of swears as he realized it was already a month old. He sighed in disappointment but he shut down his computer. It couldn't be helped after all.

He'd try again next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Castiel huffed under breath as he tugged at the tie that was slowly choking him, trying not to glare at Dean's office. After all, the secretary was supposed to be friendly when he had important company, but that said company was really pushing their luck.

When he realized that this meeting was going to take place today, he nearly called in sick. The men visiting, from the company Cyro, were greatly rumored to be horrible people, and even worse business partners. Despite this, Sanderson wanted Dean to try and enlist them into the business. Castiel usually didn't meddle in the company's larger affairs, but even he knew that they would regret it.

But, of all the bad things he had heard, he hadn't imagined that the most of the representatives of Cyro were very sexist. From making lewd comments about the women workers here, to questioning Castiel's credibility because he was not a female secretary like he was supposed to be, he was on his very last nerve and he might just burst.

Looks like he hadn't been the only one, because he jumped as he heard shouting come from the meeting, followed by the Cyro representatives leaving, their heads and shoulders soaked in what looked like water. Their glares only brought a smirk to Castiel's face, and he had a hard time hiding it until they were out of sight.

The other coworkers that had went to the meeting with Dean walked out a moment later, three out of five of them grinning from ear to ear; the other two just looked confused. One of them looked at Castiel and the Novak tipped his head curiously.

He walked over, his grin being replaced by a smirk as he leaned on Castiel's desk. "Man, Novak, you should have been there to see that." The man, known as Andy, said. Castiel had befriended him and helped him get a job in the company, as he was very talented at twisting his words and getting what he wanted.

"What happened?" Castiel asked, loosening that offending tie and pulling it off. Dean only made him wear one when he had a meeting, and man, was Castiel ever thankful for the bastard sometimes. Andy grinned, motioning back to the room.

"The Cyro men were being terrible rude, saying all kinds of things about the workers. I swear, Dean must not hate you as much as you think, because the first insult they said about you, he dumped water over all their heads." Andy said, chuckling as he remembered the scene. "And he told them to shove a stick up their asses and to get the fuck out. I've never seen him that mad, but boy, was it great."

Andy looked at Castiel then to the door as it began opening. Andy winced and dashed off, leaving Castiel to face the angry Dean Winchester alone. Castiel watched him leave, muttering 'coward' under his breath before looking up at Dean, feigning innocence.

"Andy told me what happened." Castiel said, looking at the hard-eyed, slightly red-face boss of his. Unlike the other coworkers, he didn't fear his boss at all, even when Dean looked at him, the glare in his eyes unlike any other.

Dean growled, tugging his tie loose much like Castiel had done and ripping it off, tossing it towards Castiel, who caught it and put it out of the way. "They were just pissing me off. It's not that-"

"Thank you." Castiel cut him off before looking down at the papers he had been working on while he had been waiting. When he looked back up, he saw a strange look in Dean's eyes, making shivers crawl through his spine.

"I still hate you though." Castiel added, making it clear that this didn't mean he was going to be nice to him. Dean slowly nodded before sighing and digging in his pockets. He walked over, setting a slip of paper on the desk and sliding it towards Castiel. When the secretary picked it up, he was surprised to see a ticket to the Devil's Angel concert.

"My little brother gave this to me but I'm going on that big business meeting next month and won't get back in time for the Devil's Angel concert here. I know you like the band, so you want it?" Dean asked, shrugging nonchalantly. Castiel looked up at him in wonder, slowly nodding his head.

"Thank you, Dean." Castiel said softly, not sure how to react. Here was his boss, someone he hated with a passion, giving him something he so wanted. What was going on here?

"In return for that, you can clean my office while I'm gone and organize all my files." Dean said, a devilish grin crossing his face. Castiel instantly lost the confusion, growling as he realized that the ticket was blackmail to do his work.

"Jerk!" Castiel hissed, chucking the stapler at Dean. His boss deflected it, the heavy thump accenting his smirk as he danced out of hitting range.

"Bitch!" Dean