Without Dean...

Castiel's sighed as he finally put away the last file of Dean's work, all it in the neat and organized order that would please Dean. As soon as he finished, he sat in Dean's chair, allowing himself to relish in the silence of the office.

Dean had left for his business meeting a week ago, and Castiel had been straightening his files and office ever since. It had been tedious work, but without Dean around, he found himself not minding, and even enjoyed it after awhile. After all, he could always remind himself that he got closer and closer to the concert of the Devil's Angels that was coming tonight.

He felt buzzed with excitement as he glanced at the clock, realizing he had stayed just a little bit over to finish. He hurried out of the office to the employee lounge, where he clocked out before hurrying to the parking lot. He had to hurry to get ready to go to the concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 When Castiel arrived, he was shocked to find so many people there already, but he didn't mind as he made his way towards the front, looking at the crowd of people with interest. He saw some he recognized from work, others from places he's visited like shops and restaurants. It was surreal, and exciting.

Not soon enough, the Devil's Angels made their way onto the stage, roars and screams of adoration floating through the air around Castiel. The members seemed to enjoy the ear piercing noise though and did a series of shouts and waves, making the crowd get even louder.

Castiel had to admit though, the Devil's Angel band members were some of the coolest looking people. The lead singer and guitarist, Jake, had a calm demeanor about him, as if nothing could touch. Charlie, the bassist, was the chill red-head of the group. Being the only girl, plus a savvy lesbian, she was a great hit with the females. Then there was Ash, the drummer. He was strange, but cool, having a mullet in the back and a normal hairdo in the front. Of course, then there was the mystery piano man.

Unlike the others, he did not really acknowledge the crowd, which made some of him scream the name he went by, the righteous man, to get his attention. When he finally surveyed the crowd, Castiel was barely able to contain his excitement, finally getting to experience his favorite band live.

Then, Castiel could have sworn that the masked man was staring at him, sending chills up his spine. He played it off as a trick of fantasy, and instead smiled as the band took their places. Soon, their faster music began playing.

Castiel let the music flow through him, allowing him to break out of his shell and cheer as they played one of his favorite songs. Halfway through, the chick next to him even got him to dance just a little bit.

It was all too soon that the song ended, and Castiel was sad to see it go. Yet, the lead singer moved away from the microphone, and the masked man took his place.

"Let's give it up for the righteous man!" The lead singer shouted into another microphone, letting the crowd cheer before speaking again. "Okay, let's tone it down. This man is going to be singing his heart out to that one special person back home." 

The crowd let out a series of oohs and awes, Castiel leaning forwards almost out of his seat. Even though the man always sang with the lead singer, he had never heard him by himself, and he was extremely curious to hear it.