𝐼𝒳. 𝐿𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒫𝑒𝓇𝒸𝓎 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒮𝓀𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓉𝑜𝓃𝓈, 𝒪𝒽 𝑀𝓎!

𝓞𝓷𝓬𝓮 past admissions, they followed Grover as he led them up to the higher floors. They scanned the museum, but didn't find anything of mythical significance. Once they searched the top floor, they started heading down the ramp, when Percy ran into Thalia. Literally. He was barreling up the ramp to the top-floor balcony as they were coming down and slammed into her, knocking the daughter of Zeus into an Apollo space capsule.

Grover yelped in surprise.

Before Percy could regain his balance, Zoë and Bianca had arrows notched, aimed at his chest. Their bows had just appeared out of nowhere. Zoe had also drawn her sword, getting into a fighting stance before she realized who the 'threat' was.

When the older hunter realized who he was, she didn't seem anxious to lower her bow. "You! How dare you show thy face here?"

"Percy!" Grover said. "Thank goodness."

The lieutenant of Artemis glared at him, and he blushed. "I mean, um, gosh. You're not supposed to be here!"

"Luke," Percy said, trying to catch his breath. "He's here."

The anger in Thalia's eyes immediately melted. She put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

Zoe's previously lowered sword raised back to a defensive position at the mention of her ex-brother.

Percy told them about the Natural History Museum, Dr. Thorn, Luke, and the General. As he explained, Zoe lowered her sword again, but didn't put it away.

"The General is here?" Nightshade looked stunned. "That is impossible! You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there's no time. Skeleton warriors—"

"What?" Thalia demanded. "How many?"

"Twelve," the son of Poseidon said. "And that's not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a 'playmate,' to distract you over here. A monster."

Thalia, Zoe, and Grover exchanged looks.

"We were following Artemis's trail," Grover said. "I was pretty sure it led here. Some powerful monster scent... She must've stopped here looking for the mystery monster. But we haven't found anything yet."

"Zoë," Bianca said nervously, "if it is the General—"

"It cannot be!" Nightshade snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion."

"Illusions don't crack marble floors," he told her.

The hunter took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. Zoe wasn't sure who this General was or what history he and the older Zoë had, but the young Stark knew this was the wrong time and place to ask.

"If Percy is telling the truth about the skeleton warriors," Nightshade said, "we have no time to argue. They are the worst, the most horrible... We must leave now."

"Good idea," Percy said.

"I was not including thee, boy," said Zoë. "You are not part of this quest."

"Hey, I'm trying to save your lives!"

"Thanks Perce, but it wasn't your brightest idea," Zoe grimaced.

"You shouldn't have come, Percy," Thalia agreed grimly. "But you're here now. Come on. Let's get back to the van."

"That is not thy decision!" the older Zoë snapped.

Thalia scowled at her. "You're not the boss here, Nightshade. I don't care how old you are! You're still a conceited little brat!"

"Thalia," Zoe warned.