Chapter 4: Check

Chapter 4: Check

Moving back and forth, Jungkook can't make himself steady in the temporary cell. He is waiting for his friend to bail him out of this prison. He can't stay there any longer because he is worried about his boyfriend's condition.

“Jeon Jungkook, you are free now.” The warden opened the locked cell.

Jungkook immediately went out of the prison and saw his friend, Yoongi, in the car.

“Get inside.” Yoongi told him.

He went inside the car and sat down beside the driver's seat.

“Thank you, Hyung, I'll pay you as soon as possible.” Jungkook thanked Yoongi and buckled up the seatbelt.

“Don't worry about it, you should feel relieved that they allow you to bail. You're lucky that you are negative for a drug test, or else, that will be a big problem.” Yoongi retorted.

“Can you please bring me to the hospital, Hyung? Taehyung was brought there earlier, I just want to know if he's doing fine.” Jungkook asked.

“What happened to Taehyung?” Yoongi inquired out of his curiosity.

“He saw me, I don't know what he's doing there. He got hit by one of my opponent's motors and everything happened so fast.” Jungkook explained, anxiously.

“You fucked up so bad, Dude, you know Taehyung believed in you because I told him that you were working in my bar.” Yoongi retorted.

“I know, I don't want to think of that right now. Taehyung's condition is more important, I don't know what his condition is. Is he stable? Is he in danger? I hope everything is fine, or else, I don't know what to do, Hyung.” Jungkook stated with sadness in his tone.

“You should calm down, Jungkook, don't overthink. I'm sure that Taehyung will be fine.” Yoongi tried to comfort him.

Jungkook sighed, biting his bottom lip while his legs kept shaking due to fear and nervousness.

“We're here” Yoongi said when he stopped in front of the hospital.

Jungkook immediately got out of the car and ran inside the hospital.

“Hi, can I ask if there's a patient named Kim Taehyung who was brought here?” Jungkook asked the nurse in the reception area.

The nurse took the list and looked for Kim Taehyung.

“He's in room 304, on the third floor.” She replied.

“Thank you.” He started to run to go to the elevator.

He pressed the 3rd floor and anxiously waited for it to arrive. Once the elevator opened, he ran once again and looked for room 304. He barged inside the room with worried plastered on his face. A sigh of relief left his mouth when he saw Taehyung sitting on the hospital bed with a bandage on his forehead while wearing a hospital gown and the doctor seemed to be telling him something.

“Jungkookie, what you took so long? I've been waiting for you.” Taehyung pouted and made a grabby hand.

Jungkook didn't hesitate and went to Taehyung, hugging him.

“I'm sorry, baby, I was detained in the prison for an hour. Are you okay?” Jungkook asked and scanned Taehyung.

“Don't worry, he's fine, he didn't get any severe damage. He passed out due to shock and wounds to his forehead. Overall, he is okay.” Doctor Han told him.

“Thank you, Doc.” Jungkook bowed his head as a “Thank You”.

Suddenly, Taehyung's parents arrived, Jungkook cursed under his breath knowing he messed up so badly. Hanseol, Taehyung's father, grabbed Jungkook's collar.

“You! I let you be in a relationship with my son because you promised me that you will take care of him and protect him. And now what happened, huh?! He got in an accident because of you!” Hanseol shouted in Jungkook's face.

“I'm sorry, Sir, it won't happen again, I promise.” Jungkook uttered while looking down.

“It won't really happen again because I don't want you to be his boyfriend anymore!” Hanseol grumbled, which made Jungkook shocked.

“Dad, please don't say something like that.” Taehyung interferes with them.

“What? You're going to take his side? He's the reason you ended up here.” Hanseol retorted.

“It's not Jungkook's fault, Dad, it was one of the riders, not him. Besides, if I didn't go there, it won't happen to me. It's my fault.” Taehyung defended his boyfriend.

“You are really going to defend him? You should know in the beginning that you two are not a match, so it's better to put an end to this useless relationship!” Hanseol stated, glaring at his son.

“I don't want to, Dad, I love him. I won't break up with him just because you said so. So, please, stop it.” Taehyung replied.

“Hon, just let Taehyung decide. He's old enough to know what he is doing. He already told you that it's not Jungkook's fault, and we both know Jungkook won't hurt him. What happened to him was an accident.” Ara, Taehyung's mother, said and caressed Hanseol's right arm.

“You too?” Hanseol unbelievably looked at his wife.

“Oh, come on, can you resist your son? He's the only child we have, so don't push him away.” Ara stated.

“I'm not pushing him away.” Hanseol pushed his hair to the back.

“That's what you're doing by pushing Jungkook away. Let this one pass, just focus on finding the person who did this to him, okay?” Ara uttered.

“Fine” Hanseol shook his head and sat down on the couch.

“I'm sorry” Jungkook apologized and bowed his head.

“It's okay, Jungkook ah, next time this won't happen again, okay? You know how much precious Taehyung is to us. So please, take care of him as what we do to him. Do you understand?” Ara spoke to Jungkook.

“I understand, Aunty, thank you for your kindness.” Jungkook smiled.

“We're going now, we went here to check Taehyung. And since he's fine, we'll leave him to you. Don't worry about the bill, we'll pay for it. Taehyungie, see you again, goodbye.” Ara ruffled her son's hair.

“You, I'll be watching you.” Hanseol glared at Jungkook, kind of threatening him.

“Let's go now.”

Ara pushed Hanseol out of the room and smiled at them before they left. Jungkook looked at Taehyung, who squeezed his hand to comfort him.