TB-ED 8: Unsavory Conversation

I'm so sorry it took a while for me to update. I had to get back to work earlier than expected so I got very busy. T.T

——————————

CHAPTER EIGHT

I thought wrong.

I couldn't believe I was wrong.

"My name's Momoi Satsuki. I'm Dai-chan's childhood friend." That was how the lovely girl with peach hair in front of me introduced herself.

Apparently, she and Aomine Daiki had been friends since they were children. They went to the same school and were together in the same basketball club since their elementary years.

Wow. She's technically his best friend.

Though it was insane how she had fit his taste in women perfectly. She was gorgeous. She had a pretty face and a sexy body. I knew he liked busty women, especially ones with huge chest. I mean, I saw all his dirty gravure magazines.

Ha. Men.

"How long are you planning on staying, Satsuki?" came Aomine Daiki's dry question. He was sitting on the edge of his bed with a bored stupor, watching his friend and my little brother playing on the floor.

Momoi Satsuki puffed his cheeks. "If you don't want me around then how about you get out of here, Dai-chan?"

"Why do I have to? This is my room."

She looked taken aback as she immediately scanned her surroundings, as if suddenly realizing where she was. "Huh? Wait. Right, this is indeed your room. I didn't notice because it suddenly became so clean."

Daiki popped a comical vein to that. "Just hurry and go back to practice."

"I don't want to hear that from someone who just skipped it," she retorted, mimicking his tone. Then she scanned her eyes around once again. "I can't believe you finally cleaned your room, Dai-chan."

"I didn't do it," he said, glancing at me who was silently standing by the corner, leaning against the wall.

Momoi followed his gaze, her body stiffening up upon realizing something. "Did you make her do it? Dai-chan, you're so mean."

"It's quite okay," I interjected, "We're siblings now so—"

"No, we're not." There was force in Daiki's voice when he said that. It left me and his friend shocked, even Kaito stopped playing to stare at him.

It was Momoi Satsuki who recovered first. It looked like she was angry because she was glaring at her friend. "Dai-chan, how could you say that?"

"No. He's right, Momoi-san." I straightened my back then walked towards Kaito, taking him in my arms. "I got ahead of myself, sorry. Please excuse us."

I didn't wait for their response as I turned my back then left the room.

What's wrong with me? Ugh.

Even if he had admitted to his bullying, even if he said sorry about the way he treated me up till now, that didn't mean he had finally accepted me—or, us—as part of his family.