Chapter Nine

- Author P.O.V. -

"Sir I have a report to make," a man said as he burst into the room, catching the attention of the other men and women who were in the room.

Baekhyun: "Go on," he said, turning his attention to his warrior who burst into the room unannounced.

"Jungkook has officially declared war against us, can we attack now? This is our go ahead right?" He asked enthusiastically.

Baekhyun smirked and turned to look at all of the people that were in the room, and then looked at the board that he was presenting that showed a map of the Winter Wolf Pack's land, and location of the Alpha house.

Baekhyun: "Looks like it's time to make you pay, brother." He said, earning the yells and cheers of everyone in the room. He then turned to walk out of the room, turning back around to the crowd before leaving.

Baekhyun: "Gather everyone who isn't here right now, we need as many numbers as we can, Eve make sure you coat all of those arrows with that poison, we leave at dawn." He said, exiting the room, earning the continued cheers of everyone in the room. Except for one person.

- Eve P.O.V.-

"I can't believe this is actually happening, and I can't believe I involved myself in this..." I thought as I walked through the cold halls of the Shadows hideout.

It was the night of the Moonlight Gala, a day I was dreading ever since I found out Jungkook wasn't my mate, and he broke up with me soon after.

I know I shouldn't have but after Y/n was revealed to be his mate I was so mad and I went looking for his brother to get back at Jungkook, but mainly Y/n, but fuck was this a mistake. I didn't know about all the things he did.

- Weeks prior, Eve's P.O.V. -

Before the Moon's light shone on Y/n I had noticed a wolf was lurking in the area, the most noticeable characteristic of this wolf was its eyes. Whom I was familiar with, it was Baekhyun, Jungkook's brother who was banished from the pack.

"What are you up to?" I thought to myself as I looked at him through the corner of my eye.

After the light shone on Y/n I was livid, and a horrible idea came to my head, "Maybe I could use Baekhyun to get back at her?" I thought as I slipped away from the crowd to look for the mysterious wolf.

I am a hunter after all so it wasn't hard sneaking up on him when I found him.

"So you're the infamous Baekhyun huh? Losing to your little brother had to have been tough huh?" I asked with snarky remarks as I looked curiously at the wolf. He turned around seemingly startled at my presence.

Baekhyun: "Who's asking?" He asked, turning from his wolf form to his human form, thankfully behind a bush because I was not trying to see anything.

"Me believe it or not, I'm Eve Jungkook's ex-girlfriend. I ended up not being his mate, it turns out." I said, my annoyance very present.

Baekhyun: "Oh I remember you when you were younger, Jungkook dated you? You're insufferable." He said with a chuckle.

"Oh haha very funny, I guess you don't want my help then," I said, getting ready to turn around and walk away from him.

Baekhyun: "What do you mean?" He said, stopping me in my tracks.

"Well you're clearly up to something snooping around here, last time I checked you were banished from this pack." I said, turning back around to face him.