Chapter 2: Hoshino Sibling

*Dreaming*
Hiroshi found himself standing in a picturesque meadow, drenched in sunlight. A majestic oak tree stood tall in the centre, casting a gentle shade over the area. The air was filled with the sweet scent of wildflowers, and the distant sound of birdsong carried on the breeze.
Curiosity piqued, and Hiroshi approached the tree. As he drew closer, he spotted a young boy and a young girl, their backs turned to him. They appeared to be engrossed in their own world of laughter and joy. Hiroshi could not see their faces, their identities veiled by a hazy blur.

The young boy was laughing.
"Come on, let's see who can climb the highest!"

The young girl followed him.
"You're on! But no cheating this time!"

Their voices, filled with youthful exuberance, warmed Hiroshi's heart. He watched intently as the children scurried up the tree, and their nimble limbs effortlessly navigated the branches.
Their laughter echoed through the dream, echoing Hiroshi's distant memories.
The sun casted a dappled pattern of light and shadow on the ground as Hiroshi followed the young boy and girl with his gaze. They swung on vines, chased butterflies, and danced in the meadow, their spirits boundless and carefree.

As Hiroshi attempted to approach them, a strange force kept him at a distance, like an invisible barrier he could not breach. He desperately yearned to see their faces, to recognize who they are, but his efforts were in vain.
As he stretched his hand forward, trying to reach them, the dream began to fade, the vivid colours dimming.
*The Dream Ends*

Hiroshi woke up, his hand still suspended in the air. His face beared a mixture of confusion and melancholy, a bittersweet feeling linger in his heart. He is left with the memory of the dream, a dream that held the promise of forgotten connections and cherished bonds, now shrouded in mystery.
"What was that ?"

He lied back on his pillow, contemplating the dream.
"I'm sure I've never experienced something like that in my childhood.
Who can those kids be?"

At school...
One week had passed since the school started, and Aqua and Hiroshi continued to exchange barbs and teasing remarks, each trying to outwit the other. The tension between them grew, fueling their born rivalry and making their encounters at school increasingly charged.
No one knew that if they straight up hated each other or if there could be something else.

One afternoon, as the school bell rang, Aqua found himself walking alone towards the library, engrossed in a book. Lost in thought, he almost collided with Hiroshi, who was heading in the opposite direction.
His eyes were fixed on his smartphone.
Aqua quickly stepped back to avoid the collision but couldn't resist a smirk.
"Watch where you're going, Hiroshi.
Wouldn't want to trip and fall on your precious smartphone."

Hiroshi looked up from his device, and a sly smile crept across his face.
"Ah, Aqua. Always the charmer, aren't you? But I suppose it takes more than a witty comment to trip me up."

Aqua raised an eyebrow, challenging Hiroshi's confidence.
"Is that so? Well, I must admit, your ability to dodge my verbal jabs is quite impressive. But I won't back down so easily."

Hiroshi chuckled and leaned against the nearby wall.
"Oh, I wouldn't expect anything less from you, Aqua.
It's been an amusing game, this rivalry of ours. But tell me, do you ever wonder why we're so drawn to this competition?"

Aqua paused for a moment, contemplating Hiroshi's question.
"Perhaps it's because we both see a reflection of ourselves in each other.
It's only natural for two strong personalities to clash."

Hiroshi nodded, a hint of respect gleaming in his eyes.
"Indeed, Aqua. Rivalries push everyone to be better. It's a battle of intellect, but other than that, I just see this as a means to kill some time."