Chapter 5: Blossoms of Destiny

During PE class...
The dodgeball game was in full swing at the school gymnasium, with students divided into two teams, eagerly hurling rubber balls at each other. Amidst the chaotic commotion, there stood Aqua, a typically focused and active participant. However, today his mind seemed to be drifting far away from the game.

Lost in thought, Aqua's gaze fixed on the distant horizon.
( Those cigarette samples I got yesterday will help me reveal the truth.
Even if this doesn't work I'm sure that Kaburagi is someone who can give me a great amount of information about Ai.)

The ball flew past him, narrowly missing his shoulder, but he remained oblivious to the action unfolding around him. His classmates, noticing his lack of participation, exchanged mischievous glances and decided to take advantage of his distraction.
Among the group was Hiroshi. Spotting an opportunity, he grabbed a ball and with a mischievous smirk, aimed at Aqua's unsuspecting head. With precise accuracy, he released the ball, which sailed through the air.
Just as the ball was mere inches away from its destination, Aqua's senses snapped back to reality. He sensed a sudden movement, an impending impact. In a split second, he instinctively jolted his head to the side, narrowly avoiding a direct hit. The ball grazed his ear, whisking away a few strands of hair before crashing into the wall behind him.

"Nice reflexes, Aquamarine!" Hiroshi quipped, his tone filled with amusement. "I had to wake you up somehow. Let's see if you can play as seriously as you daydream!"

Aqua, a mix of surprise and amusement on his face, accepted Hiroshi's hand and pulled himself up. A competitive fire ignited within him as he dusted off his shorts and adjusted his stance. With a newfound determination, he locked eyes with Hiroshi, a smirk of his forming on his lips.
"You asked for it, Hiroshi."

After the intense dodgeball game, Aqua found himself taking a breather, sitting on the bleachers outside the court.
Contentment settled within him as he watched the remaining players continue their match.
After a moment, Hiroshi decided to join him on the bleachers, carrying two bottles of water in his hands. He approached Aqua with a friendly smile, offering him one of the bottles.
"Hey, Aquamarine," Hiroshi said, extending the water bottle towards him. "You played great out there. Figured you could use a break and some hydration."

Aqua accepted the water bottle with a nod of gratitude, unscrewing the cap and taking a refreshing sip. He appreciated Hiroshi's gesture and the chance to replenish his energy.

"Thanks, Hiroshi," he replied, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I appreciate it. The game got pretty intense."

Hiroshi settled down beside Aqua, leaning back on the bleachers as well. His eyes flickered with curiosity as he turned to face Aqua.

"You know, I've always wondered," he started, a playful glint in his eyes. "What goes on in that brilliant mind of yours? What kinds of things pique the interest of someone as smart as you?"

Aqua chuckled at Hiroshi's question, appreciating the curiosity behind it. He took a moment to ponder before responding, his gaze drifting towards the students still engaged in the dodgeball match.

"Well," Aqua began, a contemplative tone in his voice, "Aside from you noticing that I'm always thinking about something. You can't just simply understand what goes through my mind. "

Hiroshi chuckled as he heard him.
"I just hope you are not overthinking because that leads to underestimating. That's how you are treating me right now."

He then got up and was about to leave.
"You should treat me as a friend by now. If you ever need help don't think twice before calling me."

He shot a serious look at Aqua.
"I know you are struggling with something."