Chapter 22: Unveiling the Unexpected Contestant

A few days ago...
In a lavish studio office, the producer, Masaya Kaburagi, sat across from the boy, Hiroshi.

Masaya leaned back in his leather chair, flashing a wide smile. "Shirotaka, my boy, you were brilliant out there! Your first performance as an actor was a sensation. The audience loved you!"

Hiroshi scratched his head, feigning innocence. "Oh, thank you, sir. I just did what they told me and tried not to trip over my own feet."

Masaya chuckled, appreciating the act. "Don't be modest now! Your charisma, humour, and timing were impeccable. You've got a gift, my boy, and I can see you becoming a big star in no time!"

Hiroshi was acting modestly in front of him, trying to leave a good impression on the producer.

Blushing slightly, Hiroshi replied, "Oh, shucks! I'm just happy to be part of this whole theatre thing. It's like a dream come true."

The producer's eyes gleamed with excitement. "Well, get ready for more dreams to come true because the offers are already pouring in! You're on the brink of stardom, my boy."

Hiroshi played along, pretending to be amazed. "Really? Wow! I never thought people would like me on the big screen."

Masaya leaned forward, his tone filled with pride. "You know, Hiroshi, the Lala Lie theatrical company has always had a keen eye for spotting talent, and you were no exception. I was once part of that company too, and I've seen firsthand how they have a knack for discovering individuals with exceptional potential, just like you!"

Hiroshi couldn't help but feel glad that the topic he was aiming to bring up appeared in their conversation. He smiled warmly and said, "Thank you so much, Kaburagi-san. It means a lot to hear that from someone with your experience. I must admit, that I've always admired the old members of the Lala Lie theatrical company. Their performances were mesmerizing, and they continue to inspire me in my journey as an actor."

Masaya, intrigued by Hiroshi's mention of inspiration, leaned in with a smile. "That's wonderful to hear, Hiroshi. I'm curious, Which old members have inspired you the most? Is there a particular actor or actress whose performances left a lasting impression on you?"

Hiroshi reached into his bag and pulled out an old group photo of the previous members of the Lala Lie theatrical company. He smiled as he held it up and said, "This photo right here, Kaburagi-san. This generation of talented actors and actresses is what truly inspired me. Their passion, dedication, and sheer talent on stage left a lasting impression on me. I often find myself looking at this photo whenever I need a reminder of what I aspire to achieve as an actor."

As Masaya looked at the old group photo, nostalgia washed over him, and he sighed wistfully. "Ah, those were truly wonderful times," he said, his voice tinged with a hint of melancholy. "It's sad to think how almost everyone in this photo went their own ways, pursuing different paths in life."

His eyes scanned the faces, memories of each individual flooding back. Then, his gaze settled on a particular girl in the photo. A sombre expression crossed his face, and he fell silent for a moment. She was Ai.

Remembering her, he finally spoke, "And her... she was such a brilliant soul, gone too soon." Masaya's voice softened as he reminisced about her talent and the impact she had on everyone around her.

Hiroshi thought to himself that he could ask Kaburagi-san about Ai, but he knew it would be too sudden and strange to bring up such a sensitive topic. Instead, he decided to wait for the right moment to ask about her, wanting to gain Kaburagi-san's interest and trust first. He believed that building a strong connection with the producer would allow for a more meaningful conversation about Ai in the future.