Chapter 9: Unveiling the Enigma

As Hiroshi stepped into the dimly lit room tucked away in the depths of the theatre, he couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. The room was a treasure trove of memories, storing the photos and records of Lala Lie's past achievements and the stories of its members. It was a place he had never explored before, but a burning curiosity had finally led him here.

The air was musty, filled with the scent of old paper and photos. Shelves lined the walls, filled to the brim with dusty albums and boxes of photographs. Hiroshi approached the nearest shelf, his fingers grazing the worn spines of the albums. He knew he had to start somewhere, and so he reached for the first album within his reach.

Gently opening the aged cover, he was greeted by a wave of nostalgia. Photographs spilt forth onto his lap, each one capturing a different moment frozen in time. He began to flip through the pages, his eyes scanning the faces of the performers, directors, and stagehands who had been part of the company over the years.

As he turned a particularly brittle page, his gaze was immediately captured by a group photograph. It was a moment frozen in time, featuring a cast and crew from one of the company's most renowned productions. The guy's heart skipped a beat as he recognized a familiar face among the sea of smiles and laughter.

There she was, standing at the centre of the photo, a girl with a radiant smile and sparkling eyes. It was the girl he had been searching for, Ai.
His mind raced with questions, all centred around this mysterious girl who had captured his interest.

He stared at the photograph, unable to tear his eyes away from her image. At that moment, the world around him seemed to fade into the background, leaving only the girl in the photograph and the burning desire to find more about her. Hiroshi felt a mix of emotions-intrigue, longing, and a renewed sense of determination.

As Hiroshi continued to immerse himself in the photographs, he suddenly heard footsteps approaching the room. His heart raced as he hastily closed the album and turned towards the door. The dim light flickered, casting eerie shadows on the walls, as the director, Toshiro Kindaichi, stepped into the room.

He surveyed the scene before him, noticing Hiroshi surrounded by open albums and scattered photographs.

"What brings you here, Hiroshi?" Toshiro's voice resonated in the room, breaking the silence that had enveloped Hiroshi's exploration.

Startled but determined, Hiroshi quickly stood up, carefully placing the photograph he had discovered back into the album. He cleared his throat and met Toshiro's gaze.
"I... I was curious about the history of Lala Lie, Kindaichi-san," he stammered, his voice laced with a mixture of excitement and nervousness.

The director's stern expression softened, and he approached Hiroshi with a knowing smile. "Ah, the past has a way of captivating us, doesn't it?" he remarked, his eyes glancing at the open album on the table. "These albums hold countless memories of the people who dedicated their lives to this theatre. It's good to see a young mind like yours eager to learn from them."

Hiroshi looked at him while thinking.
(I must keep my acting on in this situation. This can be very well a good opportunity to seek more information.
Being alone with the only guy here who has known Ai in person. )

Hiroshi's face then lit up with relief and gratitude at Toshiro's understanding.
"Yes, exactly! I believe there's so much we can learn from those who came before us, their successes, and even their failures. I want to understand their journeys and their contributions to Lala Lie."

The director nodded in agreement, his gaze drifting toward the album Hiroshi had been perusing. His eyes softened as he recognized the photograph within.
"Ah, 'Moonlight Serenade.' What a production it was," he murmured, a hint of nostalgia colouring his voice. He reached out and took the album, flipping through the pages with a tender touch.