Chapter 4: Forgetting about last night

"Wanna go swimming after this game?" Greg asked Andre and I, we were sitting on the porch, playing Chutes and Ladders (Greg was letting me win, so Andre was really my only opponent), I was wearing a dress and sandals.

"Sure, that sounds good" I smiled and nodded, trying to hide my disappointment of Gre-the Feders leaving, but he could see right through me.

He moved closer, and hugged me, I hugged back and Andre made gagging noises. I rolled my eyes and continued the game. One more space until I win I thought rolling the dice. Two, either way I won.

"Twice in a row!" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Why'd you let her win?" Andre whined to Greg.

"Because she's my best girl-friend" Greg replied kissing my cheek.

"And I'm not?" said Andre, making Greg shrug.

"I'll just wear this and not go out too deep" I said getting up and walking towards the water.

About ten minutes later, the boys came back out and all the kids were hanging around and in the water. Bean was showing me how he could throw a rock really far, by far, I mean 2 metres. Becky was also trying to get my attention so she could tell me about the time that her and Keithie woke Greg up by jumping on him and throwing water on his face.

Finally when everybody was done, I waded through the water to Greg and hugged him as tight as I could. Mrs Feder and the nanny were already packing the car, and my eyes were being pricked with tears as I grasped Greg. I pulled back and looked into his eyes, looked into those beautiful leaving me.

"No offence but I hate your mom" I giggled and he smiled brightly, then brushed away the hair that was in my face with his hands. His touch lingered on my cheek.

The tears threatened to spill as we pulled back. I turned to see Keithie helping Donna out with skipping rocks, I smiled. Donna skipped hers a few times and we all cheered including Mrs Feder.

"Do you know how to skip rocks, Mrs Feder" Donna asked.

"I am the best at it" Mrs Feder replied proudly taking a rock from Keithie.

She got down low and threw it, only for it to hit Greg straight in the stomach. I gasped and tried to stifle a giggle, he glared at me playfully while holding his stomach and leaning down.

"Oh baby! Are you okay?" Mrs Feder shouted in shock.

"Yeah, I'm just glad to see you having so much fun mom" he faked, making me giggle harder.

She left and Greg turned to me.

"Aren't you such a great friend" Greg said.

"Only the best" I smiled kissing his cheek.

"Yeah you are" he said defeated.

He was still doubled over in pain so I dragged him to the sand and we both sat down. We talked for a while, and by that time he was alright.

"Hey Ro wanna try?" Keithie said passing me a rock, (his nickname for me was Ro.)

"Like Donna said I'm not really that good at sports" I said awkwardly, but I felt hands enclose around mine. Greg.

"You hold it like this, then throw it and let it do its work" he whispered in my ear, making me shiver.

He stepped back and I threw it, one, two, three, four, five. Five. I turned around and clamped my arms around his neck.

"You did it baby" he whispered in my ear.

"No, we did it" I said softly, uncoiling my arms.

"Rosie, Greggie, Keithie, were not leaving! We're going to a water park and staying for the rest of the trip!" We heard Becky shout, along with heavy panting.

Greg picked me up and spun me around, I giggled and he kissed my nose. I pulled him over to a more private area.

"If the offer was still up, than I would love to be your girlfriend. I just didn't want to get to attached if you were leaving so soon."

"YES!" He said jumping around.

I pulled him into a long passionate kiss.

"Kids get over here, we're getting our stuff together" Mr McKenzie shouted.

And so we went to a water park.

✅ EDITED

725 Words