Chapter 7: Forth of July

I was the first one awake the next morning, so I decided I may as well be the first to get ready.

I carefully slid the blankets off and quietly put my feet on the ground, I almost squealed at how cold it was but I controlled myself. I tried to stand up, but something was holding me back. Greg.

I turned over to face him, I wasn't sure if he was asleep or not, so I just gently tried to pull his arm off my waist. And he tightened his grip of course, I sighed and bit my lip, thinking. I softly kissed him to see if he was awake, he kissed back so obviously was.

"Greg, I need to have a shower" I whispered.

"No, you don't, just lay back and cuddle with me" he mumbled back, his eyes still closed.

I smiled at the thought but I didn't give in

"I've gotta have a shower"

"Ugh, fine, can I join?"

"When we're happily married and have our own place, sure!"

He took back his arm and I got up and grabbed my clothes, then had a quick shower.

When I came out all the kids were up, they just glanced at me as I shut the door to the bathroom, then continued chatting to each other still in the their beds and pyjamas.

While everyone took turns having showers, Greg (who was ready) and I decided to go down and have breakfast, hand in hand.

"Hey you know what today is?" I asked, turning to him as we made our way down the stairs.

"Mhmm, Fourth of July" he replied kissing my cheek.

I grinned and pulled him faster down the stairs, almost everyone was there.

"Morning kids" Mrs Feder greeted.

I was taking my seat and grabbing a piece of toast. Greg sat in the chair next to me and took held my hand under the table, which made me smile and blush.

"You look so beautiful today" Greg whispered to in my ear, "your hair looks great too."

"Thanks, I grew it myself" I replied, we both laughed and I flicked my hair dramatically, making him laugh even harder.

"What's so funny?" Sally asked, sitting in the chair next to Becky who was across from us. I giggled even again and forced the word "nothing" out.

"Honey, I think you can release the bird soon" Mrs Feder informed Becky, she beamed at her mother and smiled adorably at Greg and I, "how about you go now."

She came around the table, took my hand and practically dragged me outside, though the sun was only just rising, it was blinding. I was pulled up to the other kids who were standing near the flag pole, Mr Feder raised the flag and we all clapped, then he picked Becky up who released the bird with a sad smile.

I pulled her into a hug and kneeled next to her, she looked like she was about to cry.

"Hey it's okay" I reassured her, "now the birdy is all better."

All the women and girls were gossiping and doing whatever in the kitchen when Mr. Huggins decided to show up... Dressed in Mrs McKenzie's mothers bow, hat, thingy, and Sally breast feeding pump thing. I almost gagged at the sight of it all.

I watched him stumble up the stairs and into the bathroom. Loser. Mrs Feder said something in that accent of hers angrily, must've been the crappy sewing machine.

"That's so sexy, what did you say?" Sally said making us all laugh.

"I think she said, jdjhehqiiskmdkowowo Milan" I said matter-of-factly.

"Or did she say Greg and Rosita are so cute together?" I blushed at this and looked down.

"These guys at the story were talking so much smack about this basketball re-match that was supposed to be going on" one of Robs daughters stated, gladly changing the subject.

I was distracted by yelling coming from outside, Donna, Charlotte and I followed the rest of the kids outside to see Rob really angry and Huggins obviously the cause of it. He kicked Mr. Huggins in the balls and they fell to the ground in pain, then started going on about how Rob thought that Huggins and his daughter had "shook the bed" last night when all three of them came out.

"Me and him, ok maybe I flirted with him, but that as only to get your attention" the blond one claimed.

"Then what happened to your head?" Rob asked calmly.

She explained how she thought some perve was looking through her window and she tripped and hit her head while trying to close the curtains. Greg and Andre took a step back down the stairs, I met Greg's guilty eyes and I instantly felt hurt so I turned around to see the rest of the drama unfold.

We all had a massive group hug then all the kids ran back to the house to get our swimmers and stuff together. We took some carriage thing that was pulled by horses to the 4th of July celebration thing, I sat up the back first then everybody followed.

"Hey" Greg said sitting next to me and draping his arm over my shoulders.

"Hey" I muttered looking away, he used his hand to turn my head around to face him.

"I'm sorry" he started, "it was Andres idea, you know how Andre is."

I couldn't help but giggle at this, which made him grin at me, I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"Do you believe in love?" I asked randomly.

"Of course I do" he said lifting my chin and kissing me softly, everyone was staring at us now smiling. Once again making me blush and look down.

"Don't hide your beautiful face" Greg whispered just as we pulled up.

And the fun began.

✅ EDITED

991 Words