Chapter 8: Fun times

"On three" Greg said, grabbing hold of my hand as we prepared to jump onto the air bed that we had floating on top of the water, "one, two...three!"

Andre screamed like a girl as he flew into the lake, I fell backwards off the edge of the mattress laughing, taking Greg along with me. I came up first from the water, and got ready to splash Greg when he came up, only to be pulled under then flipped through the air.

He was gonna pay for that! We ended up having a splashing war, then we all had 5 more goes each on the air bed. I swear I had the funnest time ever!

Greg's POV

"Look!"

We all turned to see our fathers walking along side each other in the water parks shirts, looking fierce and confident. Well until Rob got his bad foot stood on, then a few of them seemed to well... lose confidence.

Next Rosita and the moms walked out all in newspaper, cheerleading outfits. Damn Rosie looked good, not just good, but hot. Her hair was out, and in its naturally straight state, still wet from swimming, though she now had half of it up in a loose ponytail.

I tried to pull my focus away from her and to the rough game of basketball in front of me, but it was just too hard. I caught her eye and grinned, as she smiled innocently at me. Mom whispered something to her and she made her way over to me.

"What's up Hollywood?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

"Nothing much, just looking at a really gorgeous girl"

I flirted.

"Oh where is she?"

"Right next to me"

"Keithie isn't a girl"

"Are you sure about that?"

She giggled softly and rested her head on my shoulder, while my little brother glared at me. I put my arm around her shoulder and rubbed her arm gently, the game was going fairly well; Mr Lamonsoff and some other guy faked injures cause they were tired, Higgins hadn't hit on any of the women watching and dad hadn't died yet.

Ever time we got one it in, our cheerleaders would stand up shouting and throwing their arms everywhere. Girls. I was just glad I found one that was different.

Higgins came past us when dad got scored really good, he winked out me while jerking his head in the direction of Rosie. Then walked off to the middle of the stands. "Hey Y!" He started, getting the attention of the mummified man, "where's M, C, A?"

The crowd laughed and the game continued, the "black guy" hit some ladies drink out her hand and I had to stifle a laugh, her reaction made it even harder.

Looked like all the guys were about to pass out except for dad and some other bloke, and so they went off, Darth Vader included.

"What do you say, we bring my my son and your son into this?" I heard ad ask vaguely.

"Fine"

Dad called me over while the other kid walked over.

Rosie's POV

Greg kissed my cheek quickly and made his way over to Mr Feder.

"Someone fill up that jug with some boss water, for the Hollywood kid"

"It's Voss with a v" Greg stated matter-of-factly.

"You tell em baby!" I shouted to him.

The game started and was going great, Greg and Mr Feder were in the middle of passing it between each other when Greg looked over.

"Come on Hollywood!" I screamed standing up and smiling wide.

Mr Feder missed the shot or what I would've liked to call 'threw the game.' Almost everyone was completely oblivious to it.

Greg walked over and I hugged him tightly with arms wrapped around his neck, and his wrapped around my torso. He didn't have to win a basketball game to be a winner, he had already won me.

Later that night there were fireworks, most of the kids were on the ground near the front. Greg had me in his lap next to Donna and Keithie (who were holding hands might I add).

Charlotte and Andre kept winking, and wiggling their eyebrows at us, making me giggle.

The fireworks were beautiful, there were so many different colours and sizes. My favourite was the large pink and blue one, that went off just as Greg kissed me softly. I could get used to this.

He pulled me up and walked around the back of everyone. There and then I had the best kiss I could've wished for.

✅ EDITED

768 Words