Chapter Two: The Nomicon

"What the hell." I said "uh who are you?" I asked the random old Chinese man. He didn't say anything. "Uhhm...oook." We both stood there in silence. He was calm as an animal in its natural habitat while i was being awkward. Then the man suddenly spoke.

"You have been chosen to be the ninja." Said the old man. I looked at the old man as if he was crazy. "Hold on wait. What? Ninja? What are you talking about man?" I spoke asking questions rapidly. "You have been chosen to be the earth's protector from the sorcerer." He spoke again. "I-I- am i really?" I asked looking at him nervously. "You are." He responded. 'Man what is going on. Things just went from weird to weirder so fast.' I thought to myself before asking the old man something else once more. "So who is the ninja, and the sorcerer? What am I supposed to do?"
"The ninja is the protector, a shinobi who rises up above the others to fight against the evil sorcerer. That is your number one enemy. The sorcerer is someone who yearns for evil to run the world, his plan is to destroy and wreak havoc. The ninjas job is to not let him accomplish his goal. No matter what." Replied the old man. "Ok got it. So who is the sorcerer anyway? I don't think I've seen him around before, and wouldn't you have seen someone this dangerous by now?" I asked the old man. "The ninja sealed the sorcerer away 800 years ago. He is currently underground, but his shackles are getting weaker and weaker. You will begin your training immediately, for if he escapes his strong hold he will surely cause chaos." Said the old man. At this point i was looking at him in the eyes with determination. I had no idea what was going on but whatever was i was chosen to do it. So i cant fail. No matter what.

"You becoming the ninja will change your life, you can no longer live like an ordinary person. Because you are not. You have been entrusted with an important task. A task that you cant get away from. You have to move like a ninja at all times, with or without the mask. You cant let anyone find out your identity, and you must NEVER prioritize anything over your important task and must NEVER raise your blade against the innocent." The old man informed me. "Ok got it...but just one question...what mask?" I asked the man. He then raised his arm and held his hand out with his palms facing the sky. From thin air black and red auras began to form and swirl around each other, making a small black and red tornado. "Woah" i said as i gazed at the sight. The auras then combined creating a bright red glow, the auras glow then dispersed leaving behind a black mask with red lines running along it. "This mask. Once you put this mask on your body will undergo a change that advances your body to another level. Your strength,speed,endurance, brain, all of it will be substantially boosted." The old man said as he held the mask out for me to grab. I reached forward and grabbed it. I looked at the mask in awe as I clenched it tightly as a sign of me accepting my new fate. "Thanks...guy." I said to the old man. Then suddenly i started flying again but backwards this time. I saw the woods get smaller and smaller before everything started fading out to white.

A second later and i was back in the library...hunched over drooling with the book in my face. "Aw man what the did i fall asle-" i was beginning to say before i felt a cloth in my hand. I looked down and saw the mask i saw a second ago. My eyes widened. "So it wasn't just some dream." I said to myself. 'I am the ninja.' I clenched the mask and looked down at the book, i put the book and mask in my bag and got up and started walking towards the exit.

////

I was walking down the street still thinking over everything that happened. 'Did i really just get tasked with a responsibility this huge? I mean this is crazy, me? Im no one special, hell I'm just a regular kid, how did i become some hero just like that? I don't feel like a hero in the slightest. When ever in the face of danger i usually turn to run like a complete wuss.' I thought to myself as i walked down the street. I looked left and saw an alleyway. I stopped and thought about what the old man said earlier. "Once you put this mask on your body will undergo a change that advances your body to another level. Your strength,speed,endurance, brain, all of it will be substantially boosted." I clenched my first and looked around before walking into the alleyway. I stripped my backpack off and unzipped it grabbing the mask and pulling it out. I took a deep breath. "Here we go." I said as i raised the mask above my head and slipped it on. As soon as the mask fully covered my face a huge rush of energy surged through my veins, a red circle of what looked like ancient runes surrounded me and i began getting engulfed by strips of black cloth. The cloths hovered over my body before fastening itself in a skintight fashion. I looked at my hands to see they were covered in the black cloths with red lines going all through out my outfit.