Chapter Six: On One's Own

"Tuh, ok...maybe i do have a crush on her." I said aloud to myself as i dropped my head into my hand. "Let me not beat myself up about it, its just a crush. As long as i keep it a crush and nothing more I'll be fine, eventually the feelings will disappear anyway." I said as i let out a sigh. I took a deep breath and exhaled then i pulled out my tracking device dick gave me and looked around for any crime alerts in the area. I found 6 crimes nearby, all in active pursuit. "Alright time to show dick that I can fly solo too." I said to myself before jumping off the building and heading to the closest crime. "Alright- Hughmf, a petty convenience store robber up first aye? No biggie- Hurahh." I said in between grunts from swinging. I swung for 6 more minutes and saw the thug speeding away in a dodge charger hellcat. "Of course he's in a hellcat." I said. I did a large swing and flung myself threw the air, quickly catching up with the speeding thug. The thug noticed me creeping up on him and instantly began to fire wild shots in my direction...which were terribly off target. "Geez this guy's aim fucken sucks! I've got to take care of em quick before he kills someone!" I said. I flung my scarf at a nearby streetlamp pole and pulled myself forward. I landed on the roof of the car and immediately placed the smoke bomb seal on it. I leaned over and ripped the thug out of the drivers seat and held him by the shirt over the road as the car kept driving. To make matters worse the car started steering off to the right due to there no longer being a driver inside. "Uh oh, looks like someone needs an alignment." I joked.
*POW POW POW
"Woah!" I shouted as i evaded the gun fire and snapped the thugs wrist with my freehand. "That wasn't nice man!" I spoke again. "AAAUUGHH SHUT UPPP!" The thug yelled. I punched him in the face and knocked him out. I saw some police cars following behind us so i hopped off the roof and onto the side walk. I laid the criminal down and dropped a smoke bomb making me appear on the roof again. "Alright now to stop this car." I thought about a couple of ways in a millisecond. "Aw fuck it." I said as i jumped off the roof and infront of the moving vehicle, i pressed my back and arms on the front bumper and planted my legs the best i could. The car began to slow down but not enough, i pressed my feet further into the concrete. My feet broke threw the hard cement of the street and the car started slowing down faster. My feet were in pain but I couldn't quit. I did a back flip over the vehicle while simultaneously tossing my scarf at a nearby street pole. I quickly grabbed the back of the vehicle and pulled as hard as i could. The vehicle instantly jerked forward as I cancelled out its inertia, which pulled me along with it but i held on to my scarf tight. "NNF-GAHHH!" I groaned as i felt my spine and arm almost pop out of place. The hellcats wheels stopped spinning and i retracted my scarf. I heard the civilians around me begin to cheer but I didn't hesitate, a mistake i made when i first started busting local crimes on the street. I instantly hopped in the car and put the transmission into park and shut it off to get the job done. This one at least, I've got 5 more crimes to go. For now. I hopped out the car and popped the rear tires, just incase anyone was having some ideas. I bowed and gave the cheering civilians a quick wave before i started swinging away. 'I wonder what dicks up to' I thought.

Third person perspective

BRAKKK BRUKK BRRKKZZZ
Robin knocked out the last two guards in the enemies laboratory. "Buildings clear, cyborg get the files on the drive and lets get out of here." said robin. "Copy that." Cyborg responded. "Raven, beast boy, how's it looking on your end?" Robin asked his two comrades. "Everything's good over here." Replied beast boy. "All clear." Said raven. "What about you star? You seeing anything?" Robin asked. "No, everything's looking good so far." She said. "Good. Let's all meet up at the jet, cyborg we'll be waiting on you." Robin said.

////

"Well that was kinda boring." Said beast boy. "Shut up Gar." cyborg growled. "You shut up metal head!" The green boy retorted back. "Hey cut it out you guys." Robin stepped in. "And the mission isn't over yet. We still need to read the file and see they're next move then plan ours. Cyborg hows it looking with that drive? " He added. "This aint no regular hard drive man, it needs some kind of activation key." Cyborg responded. "Can you forge a similar key?" Robin asked cyborg as he continued to steer the jet. "Nah man this one's locked down tight. If we want to see whats on the drive we're gonna need to find the real key." Said Cyborg. "Dammit! I was hoping we didn't have to trail these guys too long." Robin said after a disappointed sigh. "Whats wrong robin? You used to be excited for missions like this." Beastboy said giving Robin a concerned look. "Yea im alright...i just have important business back in blüdhaven is all." Robin responded to the green skinned boy. 'I hope you got things under control y/n.' Robin thought to himself.