Chapter 8

3 weeks has passed since team 11 reported back from their mission to back up team 7 in Nami no Kuni and many interesting things happened in Konoha.

Flashback 2 weeks ago

Hokage office

The office is currently full of people which includes the the current hokage Senju Tsunade, the former hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen, one of the legendary Sannin and also teammate of the current hokage Jiraiya, jonins such as Mitarashi Anko, Shisui Uchiha, Maito Gai, Ibiki Morino and a tall man, with brown eyes, olive skin, short black spiky hair, and a beard. His clothing consisted of the standard Konoha ninja uniform with the sleeves rolled up half way, flak jacket, regular shinobi sandals and forehead protector. He also wore a sash that had the kanji for "Fire" (火) marked on it around his waist, a pair of black bangles, and bandages wrapped around the arms of his sleeves. Also in the room are Chunins like Inuzuka Hana, Umino Iruka and a fair skin woman of slender build. She has long black untamed hair reaching her upper back, and very unique eyes that are red in colour, with an additional ring in them. She wears make-up consisting of red lipstick and purple eye shadow. Her regular outfit consists of a red mesh armour blouse with only the right sleeve visible. Overall, this is very broad material which resembles bandages with a pattern on it similar to those of rose thorns. Her hands and upper thighs are also wrapped in bandages and she wears the Konoha forehead protector and regular shinobi sandals.

There are murmurs in the room amongst the jonins and Chunins among the talks is about the upcoming chunin exams and who's team might or may not join.

As all of this was happening Tsunade was looking at the window her back facing the crowd in the office. She then nod at Jiraiya who silence the crowd.

"Attention!" Jiraiya shouted silencing the crowd

Tsunade then said "as you all know the chunin exams is coming in 2 weeks time." She then turned to face the 5 jonin senseis infront of her and asked the 3 rookie team senseis." Is your team ready for the chunin exams?"

Anko shook her head and said they are still fresh from the academy and I still haven't bloodied them all.

Tsunade understand and look at Ibiki.

The head of T&I shook his head to and they are still inexperience though they are strong especially the two boys. I want to give them as much experience before I consider them ready.

She then look to the last rookie team sensei and asked Asuma is your ready?

The man now known as Sarutobi Asuma confidently look at the hokage and said I believe they are ready. I nominate Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji and Yamanaka Ino to participate in the chunin exams.

But Tsunade knows that they aren't fully ready yet she then said "Is that so? Well how about a wager then?" Tsunade smirks "if all three genins of your team makes it to the finals I shall promote them regardless of the results they might get in the exams. And that is all of them not one not two but all of them."

Asuma gulped and asked "What if only two or one of them makes it to the finals?"

Tsunade still smirking said "Well you'll do 500 D ranks before you proceed to higher rank missions and if all your genins doesn't make it to the finals then you'll be demoted 1 rank down your current rank. Do we have a deal?

Hiruzen sighed to himself and thought 'Don't do it Asuma your falling to a trap my son.' he look at his former student gone is the legendary sucker title as she is now known as the legendary beautiful goddess of gambling.

Ever since taking Naruto in her care Tsunade's luck began to turn around gone are those days that she was losing her money.

Hiruzen had a bad feeling about his son losing this bet but to his shock Asuma took the wager 'this is not good..' Hiruzen thought.