Page 9

Today was a disaster.

Everyone was there.

Which means you were too.

All 8 of us.

I tried to act like everything was normal, but it was clearly not. I think everyone picked up on it, even you.

Maybe only Chan and Felix knew the reason, but I'm guessing some others figured it out.

Every time someone would ask you about her, I couldn't help but wince.

You didn't see it, but Felix did.

He asked me if I wanted to go when we were all walking to our favorite karaoke place, but I told him no. I didn't wanted to ruin everyone's evening.

You asked me to sing our duet together, and after a few minutes of begging I finally agreed.

I felt happy again. Like it was just me and you. Back to how it used to be.

I almost forgot everyone else was in the room.

The song felt so short.

I ended up sitting next to you well the others sang and danced. We cuddled even. I was on cloud nine.

But then she showed up. She walked by the room, with a group of her friends.

You immediately jumped away from me, and told everyone you would be right back.

That's when I was pulled back in to reality.

I could feel myself about to cry.

Felix noticed, and he told me he would bring me home. He knew I needed to go, it was too soon.

He just left my house after driving me home.

He told me how he was sorry, they didn't know she would be there.

I told him to stop apologizing for something that wasn't his fault.

He told me we'd go out in a few days, but just us.

For now I just need rest.

If I don't take a break now, I don't know what I'll do.

-J