twenty

cassandra sighed again and crumpled up the paper. she threw the paper away and dropped her pen. all she's been doing lately is trying to write letters but unfortunately, it never worked out. cassy has been trying to find a way to write back to lucas but she just couldn't do it. she couldn't think of what to write and her mind just seemed so blank.

"cassy, may liham para sayo!" cassy, there's a letter for you, her mom said in filipino. cassy sighed and went downstairs to go get it.

"thank you." she said. she picked the letter up and rushed back to her room to read it. she turned the letter around and saw that it was from lucas. she pushed her door open and jumped on her bed immediately. she was excited to read the letter so she hurriedly ripped the envelope open so she could read the letter.

dear cassandra,

i've run of things to write about and i've decided to end it here. i only talked about a few things and the reason for that is i couldn't take it anymore. writing the previous letters was already hard for me and i cried lots.

i love you so much and words can't describe how much i love you. you think i don't love you, but i do. you mean alot to me and you existing is one thing but having you next to me is another.

i know you think that i should move on and stuff, but i can't. the reason why i can't move on is simply because i'm not ready to. i still love you alot and i don't know if loving someone else to get over you is a great idea.

please don't ever think that you're useless, because you're not. you're precious and someone out there will love you.

remember that i'm always here for you and if ever you need someone to talk to, i'm always here. i won't turn you down or anything because you mean a lot to me and seeing you sad will make me sad.

mahal kita cassandra, thank you for the memories. you will always be my first and last thought.

love,
lucas.

cassandra dropped the letter and put her head in her hands. she didn't want lucas to feel that way and she didn't want lucas to feel as if she doesn't care about him anymore. the truth is, she still does and the only reason why she isn't responding is because she wanted to get over him already but it obviously wasn't working because she fell for him more.

she told him that she moved on because she thought that it would make him move on too, but she was wrong.

she heard her phone right and she didn't bother picking it up. after a few more minutes, it rang again so she decided to answer it.

"hello?" she said.

"cass, it's jane." she sat up almost immediately and broke out into a wide smile.

"oh my, jane! how are you?"

"cass, there's someone who wants to talk to you."

"what-" but she was cut off by an oh-so-familiar voice.

"cassy?" he asked. her heart skipped a beat and she gulped before answering the phone.

"hi lucas."

this book is done!! thanks to those who commented & voted!!! i love you lots