➟ 𝔼𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕡𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖【ℂℍ. 𝟙】

THIRD POV

{START OF MUSIC}

He slowly opens his eyes after witnessing the biggest flash of lighting explode infront of him.

He coughs a bit as he stands up on his feet, pushing the metal that has fallen on him during the explosion. He slowly starts taking steps forward, wincing at the pain, as he explores his surroundings.

The electricity power plant that once stood there is no more, as debris of tankers and electric lines and cables lay scattered all around him.

His suit was very damaged now, a lot of pieces were ripped off, a lot of cuts and many bleeding wounds visible, especially his right shoulder, which was completely exposed and reddest the most.

But he wasn't worried about his suit or health at the moment. He didn't wonder where the villains who had caused this were, running away or even possibly dead.

No, he didn't have time to chase after them. His main worry was finding her.

He stumbles every few steps, leaning on the debris as his breathing is ragged. His sight is going out of whack, blurriness in his eyes difficulting his awareness of surroundings.

He lifts his mask to his nose as he gaps for air, his hand holding his chest in pain, definitely having broken a few ribs. He bites his lower lip as he tries to stop a moan escaping his mouth as he stands up once more.

Dizziness kicks in as he looks around and then he sees it. Her body. Ignoring his body, telling him not to use his power, he teleports right next to her. He yells as he falls on his knees, his power draining his strength to his limit.

Tears start to escape as he desperately removes the ruble off her. "No, no no no no..." - His lips trembling as he pleads. When he removes the final debris, he freezes, eyes widening in shock and horror.

The world around him slows down as his heart breaks into pieces. He moves his finger to her wrist, no pulse. He leans onto her chest, no breathing. "NO, NO NO NO!" - He screams as he reaches her mask and lifts it off. That's when a horrifying realization hits him.

He stares at her bruised, bloodied and pale face, as her eyes are closed, never to be opening again. The barrier in his eyes breaks, as tears flood his vision. He carefully lifts her body, as he leans it into the hug, while uncontrollable sobs start to escape his lips.

"I-I m s-s-so-s-sorry..." - He weeps as he holds her tight to his chest, feeling all the warmth leaving her body and being replaced by the cold unsettling dread.

He was so disoriented, in his own mind that he didn't hear footsteps coming closer, someone calling to him. He simply... couldn't. He could have saved her.

He could have stopped all of this if he had worked harder, trained harder, and thought smarter. He had the power, the intellect, the skill. He could have saved her... if only he was better...

That moment... has broken and scared him forever.

And she was first of the three that would perish that week.

{END OF MUSIC}

A NEW/OLD STORY, BROUGHT YOU BY THE AUTHOR OF: