Chapter VIII

Within the private chambers of Princess Sade, a sense of intimacy and tranquility pervades the space. The room is adorned with elegant tapestries that depict scenes of nature and harmony, reflecting the Princess's affinity for beauty and peace. Soft, ethereal light filters through sheer curtains, casting a gentle glow that adds an air of serenity to the surroundings.

The chamber is spacious yet inviting, with tastefully arranged furniture that exudes both comfort and elegance. A plush velvet chaise lounge stands nearby, providing a place for the Princess to relax during her moments of solitude.

Intricately carved wooden bookshelves line the walls, filled with literary treasures and trinkets that showcase her intellectual pursuits. A vanity table occupies a prominent spot, adorned with a large, ornate mirror framed in delicate gold accents. Surrounding the vanity are an array of cosmetics, brushes, and perfumes, indicating the Princess's penchant for self-care and beauty rituals.

The air carries the scent of fragrant flowers placed strategically throughout the room, lending a touch of natural freshness to the ambiance. The soft, melodic strains of classical music can be heard faintly in the background, creating a soothing atmosphere that nurtures the Princess's inner peace.

As the Queen enters the chamber, she is greeted by the sight of Princess Sade seated at her vanity, surrounded by her maids. The maids, dressed in crisp, white uniforms, move with grace and precision as they delicately apply white paint to the Princess's face, striving for an ethereal and otherworldly effect.

The Queen's presence introduces a palpable tension into the room, contrasting with the serene atmosphere. Her regal stature commands attention, and her stern expression reveals her disapproval of the situation unfolding before her.

The room itself, with its harmonious blend of luxury and simplicity, becomes a backdrop for the clash of emotions and values that are about to unfold. It serves as a witness to the clash between tradition and the Princess's desire for exploration, as the two powerful women navigate their differences within this intimate setting.

Queen: Guards, open these doors immediately! I demand to see my daughter-in-law!

Guard 1: My apologies, Your Majesty, but we have strict orders not to allow anyone inside.

Queen: I am the Queen, and I will not be denied entry into her chambers! Open the doors now!

Guard 2: Your Majesty, we understand your concern, but we cannot go against the King's orders. He explicitly instructed us to ensure no one enters.

Queen: This is an outrage! I will not stand for this disobedience! Move aside!

Guard 1: Please, Your Majesty, we are simply following orders to the best of our ability. We cannot allow anyone to enter without the King's permission.

[The doors open, and the Queen rushes inside the chambers, only to find Princess Sade being painted white.]

Queen: (horrified) What in the name of the kingdom is happening here? Princess Sade, explain yourself!

Princess Sade: Your Majesty, please, let me explain. It's not what it seems.

Queen: Not what it seems? I find you here, in your chambers, being painted white! Have you lost your senses?

Princess Sade: No, Your Majesty, please listen. It's part of a cultural project, an artistic endeavor. It's not about deceiving anyone.

Queen: (voice filled with anger) Deceiving anyone? This goes far beyond deception, Princess! You dare to alter your appearance, to pretend to be something you are not?