finale

Hi guys, I can't believe that I am doing this, but 5 years later I am determined to finish this fic for you.

Please bear in mind that I wrote this when I was fourteen and I am now a fully fledged adult so the writing style may be a bit different!

I currently have some time on my hands to finish my previously unfinished works for some peace of mind which is why I have come back.

Can I also say that this is probably the longest anyone has ever gone before updating a fic before so here we go!!!!!

———————————

"Draco please!" Hermione begged, gripping onto his shirt with every last strength in her body.

"We can fight this together, I'm not just some poor defenceless soul, I can take care of myself!"

Draco's breath hitched from keeping in his tears, "Hermione, its not you that's weak. It's me, I don't think that I could bare to watch you be tortured again, let alone die." He shuddered hanging most of his weight on her now. "Please don't make me do this. If- if I tell him I'll stay away he might let this go. I can't lose you."

Hermione shook her head, "No, we fight this, I ca-"

"Hermione." He kept his eyes trained on her as her breathing increased. "Let me go and I'll come back for you when it's safe I promise."

"That could take years Draco, I don't need protecting. Please, we can go to Professor McGonagall and tell her that he made a death threat, get him sent back to Azkaban!" She begged, but Draco's forlorn face said it all.

"He'd only send someone else on the outside to do it, it would never be safe."

Hermione knew he was right but she wanted to deny it, she wanted to fight back but she could tell that he was making the right decision. She slowly slid her arms from Draco's neck to his chest. "Okay, but I don't like this and if I find a way for us to be safe and together I will do it, even if it means getting hurt to get there."

Draco nodded and gave her a chaste kiss to the lips, "I'm sorry." He whispered, then turned and walked to the dorm.

It had been a few hours since Hermione had found out about Draco's father when she heard a knock at the common room door.
She picked herself up from the sofa, unravelling herself from the cocoon of blankets and made her way to the door, where she found Ginny on the other side.

She came in talking a million miles a minute "Hermione, he told me not to tell you but I think that it's in your best interest to know, even though I'm going against what I promised him but Draco told me that his father is out of Azkaban and that he's- oh, hey what's wrong?" she stopped, finally noticing the tears in Hermione's eyes.

"I know everything Ginny, and I don't know what to do! We broke up for my safety but I don't want to leave him, I feel like this isn't going to stop Lucius. I just have this inkling that it's not going to be over that easily." They hugged each other tightly and Ginny spent the rest of the night there comforting her best friend.

A week passed and both Hermione and Draco slowly found ways to avoid each other, Draco hadn't heard anything back from his father since he sent the letter about staying away from Hermione. He was on edge constantly looking over his shoulders.

Hermione on the other hand was finally starting to relax, nothing had happened and so she assumed that Lucius had accepted Draco's compromise. She started to hang out with Ginny, Ron and Harry again and found herself slipping back into the familiarity that was her old Hogwarts life. It was coming to the end of the evening when she decided that it was time to retire after dinner in the great hall, It had been a lovely day with her friends and she had excelled in her classes.