i. The Interrogation Of Tracy Beaker

chapter one — the interrogation of tracy beaker

season one, episode one — tracy beaker superstar

IRIS TAKAHASHI IS REALLY, REALLY SICK OF HER FAMILY. Sure, she loves them to pieces ( they are her family ) but sometimes, living with eleven other kids who just do not shut up is enough to make a girl go mad

Take right now, for example: Tee has, understandably, stolen the cue ball from the pool table because the boys won't give her a turn ( you go, girl! ) and now Frank, Toby and Johnny are all chasing her trying to get it. Oh no, she's just stepped on Lily and now she's also yelling at her! Carmen's shouting directions to Mike as he messes with the buttons on the TV to fix it ( well done, Harry! ) and the indie rock music blaring into Iris's left ear from the earbuds she's sharing with Sapphire is doing absolutely nothing to block out the noisy chaos of it all.

Iris closes her eyes and presses her palms against her ears like she can squeeze them into her skull to stop hearing ( with very little success, unfortunately ). The annoying lady is back on TV, rambling on about something to do with someone who wrote a book about being in care? Sounds dull why on earth would anyone write an entire book about that? And, even more concerning who would actually read it?

Sapphire stretches her legs across Iris's, one foot moving in time to the music ( she's not having any trouble blocking the rest of the world out) side-eyeing Mike as he scolds Harry and leaves. 

Two seconds later, he runs back into the room like his head's on fire.

Carmen changes the loud, annoying channel to an even louder, more annoying channel, but Mike swipes the remote out of her hands.  

"Nononononono, gimme!" he sputters and changes it back. "It's Tracy," he says in awe. "Come here, everybody, look at this! Look!"