ii. Iris Takahashi And Her Best Friend, The Floor

chapter two — iris takahashi and her best friend, the floor

season one, episode two — new life's eve

YOU KNOW THAT FEELING WHEN YOU TRY TO HELP SOMEONE OUT AND IT ENDS WITH YOU WANTING TO PUT YOUR HEAD THROUGH A WALL

Yeah, Iris is so done with doing good deeds and helping people out. That kind of thinking's probably gonna land her in hell, but fuck it, hell's looking much nicer than where she currently is right now it's probably a lot quieter down there! ( and definitely warmer! )

And no, Iris does not wake up every day wishing to go die and to hell. It's more, like, a weekly occurrence ( she's not that big a drama queen! ).

Anyway, lesson learned: never try and help your friends move rooms you'll end up in a shouting match with seven other kids, holding a big ass mattress ( honestly, Carmen, you do not need a bed this big! ) and thinking deeply violent thoughts ( it's a very good thing Iris isn't the one holding the metal bed frame! )

Sapphire scolds Johnny and Toby, trying to direct them out of her way, but they're too distracted by Gus, who of course has to go down the stairs for his piano practice right this very second! Sapphire turns to Lily and Carmen instead, yelling at them to take the mattress back so the boys can deal with the bed frame first. The younger girls do the logical thing and ignore her, dropping the heavy mattress and screaming over each other. 

They conveniently forget about Frank and Iris, who were holding the other side of the mattress until the girls decided to just drop it without warning ( communication is very important for teamwork, kids) This unexpected action causes Frank and Iris to fall back, tripping over the mattress ( and each other ) and landing on the floor with a painful thud. They're both wedged uncomfortably into the corridor, unable to get up. Obviously, no one notices, still too busy arguing.