v. Flying Eggs And Curses For Breakfast

chapter five — flying eggs and curses for breakfast

season one, episode three — bad luck boy

THERE'S NEVER AN END TO THE CHAOS IN THE DUMPING GROUND. Iris walks into the kitchen on the hunt for breakfast and is swiftly greeted with today's episode of madness: Tracy Beaker and the flying egg

Frank, Sapphire, Toby, Harry and Liam ( ew ) are watching wide-eyed and gaping as Tracy runs after an egg, which happens to be soaring through the air like she just chucked it hey, with her track record, it's very possible! ) Maybe it's a cooking technique? People throw pancakes, right

Somehow, she manages to catch the egg; everyone in the kitchen ( except Iris, who's still trying to figure out why breakfast is flying  it's too early for this ) releases a collective breath. Tracy fumbles the ( still boiling hot ) egg and hurries to put it on the table, blowing frantically on it to make it cool faster.

"...Morning?" Everyone notices Iris as she opens the fridge to get some milk. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Making Toby a perfect breakfast!" Tracy says cheerily.

"Perfect breakfast?" Iris raises her eyebrows, pouring Coco Pops into a bowl. "Seriously? Your idea of a 'perfect breakfast' is a single boiled egg?" she looks at Toby judgementally. 

"I like eggs." he says, defensively. 

Iris sighs. Poor lad. Imagine going through life with such pathetically low standards, she muses, carefully pouring just the right amount of milk into her cereal. 

Everyone crowds around Toby, watching him cut the top of the egg open with a spoon. "Perfect!" he grins, eagerly reaching for the salt. Unfortunately, the lid of the salt cellar isn't screwed on properly it promptly falls right into the egg and brings with it a lovely cascade of salt. Needless to say, the egg is ruined unless you like your eggs with enough salt to induce a heart attack ( and although Toby has utterly poor taste, it's not that poor! ).