𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘. 𝗣𝗨𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞

CHAPTER THREE

❝ put that book back ❞

     DAVID Bowie blasted through the speakers of Nina's car as she and Quil sang along on their drive out of La Push and to Forks. They had decided that their day would have a David Bowie theme. During their drives, they were to only listen to his music and then watch Labyrinth when they went back to Nina's house.

Currently, they were listening to "Life on Mars" as they passed by the "Welcome to Forks" sign. The pair allowed themselves to relax and let go of their stress from school. Quil looked out the window, pretending he was in a music video while Nina tried to stifle her laughter at the boy. He truly was her favorite person in the entire world.

They spent the rest of the car ride singing along to their favorite artist until they arrived at their favorite bookstore within a reasonable drive. Sure, there was the bookstore in Port Angeles that had a wider selection but the drive was too long for how often the pair liked to go to bookstores. So, they consistently made trips to the one that resided in Forks.

Nina turned down the stereo as she pulled the car into the parking lot. Quil pulled his and Nina's backpacks into his lap, grabbing his wallet out of the smallest pocket of his bag and Nina's credit card out of her wallet. He put his wallet in his back pocket as the pair got out of the car. As they walked toward the building, Nina wrapped her arms around Quil's left one as he passed her the credit card. She stuffed it in the front pocket of her jeans quickly before returning her arms to Quil's.

"Do you think they'll have anything new in yet?" Nina asked excitedly as the two neared the door.

"For your sake and mine, I hope they do," Quil sighed. "I don't think I can take another minute of you pouting about having read almost the entirety of the store."