𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘. 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗗𝗟𝗘𝗥𝗦

CHAPTER FIVE 

❝ you sound like the toddlers ❞

     OVER the next couple of weeks, Nina had grown close with Emily, Sam, and Paul. Whenever she would go to the couple's house to clean, Emily would be there waiting to talk to her while she cleaned. If she didn't stay for dinner, Nina was going home with baked goods that Emily had made specifically for the girl and her father.

Paul would always come in when Nina was just about done with the cleaning. Sometimes he would help her out if it was something more than one person could do like wiping down the counter or holding the dustpan while she swept the floors. Other times he would just sit and talk with her while she finished up.

The way Paul acted toward her was how Nina imagined an older brother would act. She had always wondered what it would be like to have one and with how close the pair had grown since their first interaction, Nina thought of Paul as an older brother figure. Sure, she had Quil, Embry, and Jacob who also acted like her brothers but they felt more like brothers her age even if they were a year older. Sometimes even, it felt like she was dealing with younger brothers.

Part of her was worried about growing close to the three, especially because she knew that at least Paul and Sam were close to Jared. She was worried that somehow it would come down to the three having to choose between the girl and Jared and they would obviously choose him. She was worried that they would end up not wanting to be around her and leave in a similar fashion to Jared. All her worries about these things happening went away whenever she would be around any of the three though.