𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡. 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞 𝗧𝗢 𝗬𝗢𝗨

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

❝ just wanted to talk to you ❞

     TWO days had passed since Nina had taken Quil and Embry to crash Jacob's hangout with Bella Swan and the girl was making her way to the cafeteria alone. She had yet to see Embry so far and was beginning to worry about him. He had seemed off the last time she saw him both in his attitude and the fact that his body temperature was warmer than it should have been. It felt eerily similar to the events that led up to Jared leaving school for two weeks before returning extremely buff and then dumping her.

The girl shook off the feeling as she sat down at the lunch table where Quil and Jacob were waiting for her. She put on a smile as she looked at the two boys who were laughing about something Quil had said. Nina pulled out her lunch which consisted of a Caesar salad she had thrown together, an orange, a chocolate chip cookie, and a Sprite.

"I'm not the only one worried about him, right?" Nina asked after a few minutes of her being quiet as she ate.

Jacob and Quil looked at the girl, both frowning as they took in her dejected eyes that stared down at the table. They were both worried about the boy and his sudden changing behavior that led up to him missing school with no explanation. But they were also worried about Nina who seemed to be reading very much into it. But nonetheless, they agreed with the girl in front of them.

"It's just weird that he didn't text us to let us know he was gonna be gone today," Quil sighed as folded his hands on the lunch table. "Maybe we could stop by his place after school to check in on him. Just to make sure he isn't, like, dead."