𝗧𝗘𝗡. 𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗣 𝗕𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗧

CHAPTER TEN

YOUR FIRST FRIENDSHIP BRACELET

     BEADS were scattered all over Nina's bedroom floor as laughter bounced off the walls

     BEADS were scattered all over Nina's bedroom floor as laughter bounced off the walls. She and Seth were currently attempting to make each other bracelets with the supplies she had stored away in her closet. The movie "Never Been Kissed" played in the background and the box of pizza that they had ordered earlier sat on the girl's bed.

Nina sat to the left of Seth, holding up the string of beads she had put together so far. She was attempting to measure it and see if it would fit the boy's wrist when one side slipped out of her grasp. The beads scattered to the floor and Seth let out a loud laugh at the look of sadness that flashed across Nina's face.

"I can't believe that just happened," Nina stared at the place the bracelet had once been. "I was almost done."

"Hey, don't worry about it," Seth smiled as he put another bead on the string. "You can put the beads back on. It'll be fine."

"I know," Nina sighed in annoyance. "I had it pretty much done though. I hate this stupid cast."

Seth frowned at the girl's annoyed tone as he added more beads to the bracelet he was making for her. Nina began picking up the beads that had fallen off of the one she was making, laying them out in the order that she had originally put them on the string. She listened to the movie in the background as she worked, quoting the lines she could remember under her breath. Seth finished putting the last bead on his string, looking at Nina for help.

"Nina," the boy caught her attention with a sheepish smile. "I don't know how to tie it."

Nina laughed at the look on the boy's face, grabbing the beaded string from Seth's hands and began to tie it into a bracelet. He watched her movements, wanting to learn how to tie it on his own. Nina took her vinyl glue to be sure that the knot she tied would hold.

"And there you go," Nina smiled as she trimmed off the excess string once the glue had dried. "You've officially made your first friendship bracelet."

Seth smiled brightly as he accepted the bracelet from Nina's hand. He examined it for a moment before reaching out his hand. Nina set her hand in the boy's outstretched one and Seth slipped the bracelet on her wrist. She smiled at the boy before looking down and inspecting the piece of jewelry.