Hogsmeade (or, the confession)

All the rest of winter break, Emilia could not chase the thought of Amit from her head. Just his name would send her blushing and smiling sheepishly, a phenomenon her family soon started to exploit by finding new ways to bring him up and embarrass her.

It drove the girl crazy. She resolved to let her embarrassment get the better of her no longer; the next time she and Amit were together, she must tell him how she felt. She was sure their friendship (if the two remained only friends) was strong enough to withstand an unrequited love confession.

Of course, if you listened to Mallina, Amit needed only one moment alone with Emilia before he confessed his own affections.

After a lengthy goodbye nearly costing Emilia her train back to school, the girl returned the day before classes began. Opting for the earliest departure, Emilia managed to drop off her luggage and pop over to Hogsmeade before the day was out. She'd just run out of a very important serum, and had placed an order with J. Pippin's.

Emilia swept across Hogsmeade's bridge, looking around aimlessly. The door to Tomes and Scrolls creaked open, and a boy balancing a stack of books in one arm struggled out. Emilia stepped forward to offer to help before she recognized his face, heart leaping.

"Amit?"

Amit snapped to attention, eyes widening. "Mia!" he yelped, quickly retrieving his wand and getting rid of the books, hiding one in particular in his pocket. Regaining composure, he smiled and wrapped her in a hug.

Emilia, both surprised and elated at his uncharacteristic show of affection, squeezed him back. Stepping away, she asked, "I'm so happy to run into you! How was your break?"

"Oh, it was great! My, um, family asked about you."

The confession plan floated forward in Emilia's mind. "Next time, I'd like to visit your home, if you'd have me. Now, I have a small errand to run. Would you like to come with me?"

Amit straightened. "I'd love to! Shall we?" he asked, offering his arm.

Emilia uttered a small "oh" before lacing her hand through his arm.
Amit's full of surprises today.
"It's at J. Pippin's Potions."

Together, the two made their way across the village, chattering as though no time had passed at all.

Emilia and Amit walked into the Potions store. The bell notified the shopkeep, Parry Pippin, and he looked up from his station. "Ah, Miss Valent, correct? I have your order-"

Emilia tensed and shook her head tightly, desperately mouthing "no".

"...of a month's worth Clear Vision serum- is that not your order?"

Emilia deflated, her closely kept secret uncovered. "No... that is mine. Thank you."

Dejectedly trading the bottle for a few Galleons, Emilia pointedly avoided eye contact with Amit as they exited.

"I didn't know you needed glasses," Amit inquired.

"I'd rather not talk about it." Emilia mumbled, shoving the bottle in her pocket forcefully.

Amit chose to drop the subject and the two stood in silence.

Clearing his throat, Amit asked, "Have you eaten yet? Would you like to go to the Three Broomsticks? My treat."

Emilia nodded, sidling back to Amit's side. "Perhaps Lodgok will be there."

This immediately piqued Amit's interest. "Is that the friend you met in the Hog's Head a while ago? The goblin?"

"The very same," Emilia confirmed. Seeing Amit's entire demeanor light up, she continued, "Maybe you two can share a conversation in Gobbledegook."

A ginormous smile leapt onto Amit's face and he picked up his pace, practically bouncing. "Conversing with a native speaker! I cannot wait to confirm subtle bits of tone and pronunciation- being self-taught and all."