PROLOGUE : IVAN ANDERSEN

✤✤✤

Throughout the year, I invariably adorned myself in a harmonious fusion of blue, black, and grey attire.

Blue for the waves in Santa Monica, black for the dress code and that is what keeps me awake, and grey for the affirmations.

Nutritionally rich meals hold a special place in my heart as my preferred choice. A healthy diet is what the body asks for. While nestled in my beloved rocking chair, I constantly receive remarks about my appearance, with some referring to me as an old, wrinkled man.

However, I embrace this as a part of my work. In terms of footwear, I often opt for Derby, Oxford, and Brogue styles.

My wardrobe boasts an impressive collection of nearly four thousand clothing pieces and four hundred pairs of shoes.

"Sir, it's an emergency; we must make it to India because we're getting several calls from there; the project they were assigned by you has been done; and we need to go there for an urgent meeting."

Dario, my assistant and manager informed me, entering my cabin wearing his glasses.

"Samar Ray Corporation wished to partner with us. Should I contact them?" He added.

"Are they laughing at me?"

"My name is Ivan Andersen."

I don't make phone calls, I get international calls, and talking about the meeting, it takes years to meet me personally.

"Let's wait for a few days, and we'll get a call from them automatically." I was caressing the cube lying on my table.

I'm amazed by how these corporations collaborate.

"I want their CEO to contact me as soon as possible, but first I want to review our list to make sure everything is in order."

"Okay, sir, just as you requested," he responded.

"Brobs, We've heard you're heading to India. We love that country; we've never been there, so please take us with you," said Seriah.

My cousin or you can say she's more than that.

"No!"

"Where did you acquire my information? Prepare for your A-level exams, I'm keeping an eye on you both." I stared at her.

"We are the only cousins you have. How could we not be aware of how you are doing?" She pouted her lips, emotionally.

"We comprehend that our exams are approaching, but it is not too late to make plans. PLEASE!"

Arran started begging in front of me.

"Do you want me to suspend all of your credit cards, Arran?"

"You should go and study with Seriah. If you obtain lower grades this year, I'll take your video games and comic books." I didn't hesitate because I don't go for emotional chuckles.

"Berry, you are to blame for that. You requested me to ask Brobs." They quarreled, they didn't need excuses.

"You were acting irrationally, so shut the fuck up." Seriah and her accent are different. It changes according to her temper.

"Go ahead! I have a tonne of work unfinished, so I'm heading to my office." A smirk formed in my face.

"What have you been doing recently?" Dad entered the hall.