Chapter - 2

The night was filled with restless thoughts as I yearned for a nap for the first time in my life

However, the mountain of unfinished work weighed heavily on my shoulders. The entire responsibility of managing multiple companies seemed to flow through my veins.

The night would be so long and challenging, but the safety of my family was paramount.
Being a CEO alternately looks like being in the mafia. Loaded with thousands of enemies.

Amid this chaos, my parent's anniversary was quickly approaching, and there was an abundance of preparations to be made.

But I hate parties.

As I readied myself for the grand occasion, one thought gave me ease: seeking help from Arran. With his valuable expertise, I knew he would lend me a helping hand. And on one of my seminar days, I discovered a check worth millions tucked away beneath my seat. I'm already rich in that way.

The upcoming days were going to be huge, as I was about to begin a massive business with a well-known Russian firm.

My cell rang.

"Merolas is under fire," said Dario.

The biggest news was that Merolas was facing severe backlash. A dynamic criminal.

"This was inevitable," I muttered grimly. "He has single-handedly ruined my orchestrated plan."

"He deserves every bit of it," his voice at the other end of the line concurred, a tinge of satisfaction evident.

"I recently received information from a reliable source indicating that he is making desperate attempts to secure bail," he conveyed eagerly.

"That will never happen," my voice assured him confidently.
"If it's truly urgent, we should promptly arrange for his transfer from police custody to my secure confinement."

"Everything is fine, but-" his voice hesitated. "But what?"

My assistant responded with concern. "But don't you think, sir, that he may pose a threat to your family?" The voice cautiously revealed a legitimate apprehension.

I smirked. "He should be more afraid of how I'll take this out on him. If he's planning something against me, he's in for a deathly awakening."

"Understood, sir," came his response.

I instructed Dario to locate all my Russian records. I must have them because Smirnov and I have an important meeting tonight.
Sir, Dario responded nervously.
What's the matter? Your voice sounds distressed.