91. Surprise

Now it 11.47 pm. And after thirteen minutes it will be thirteen October, which is Jimin's birthday. You already bought gift for him, and decided to wish him at sharp 12.00 am.

But the problem is that Jimin is home today. And he isn't letting you do your work without him knowing.

Jimin is in bed scrolling through his phone, and you are at the corner of the room trying to wrap the gift with a gift wrapping paper.

Jimin: Baby, what are you doing there? Come on. It's time to sleep.

You: Just few minutes.

Jimin: What are you doing?

He was about to get up from the bed, but you threaten him.

You: Don't. Don't get down from the bed, Jimin. Otherwise I will not cuddle you tonight.

Jimin immediately went under the comforter, showing his willingness for your cuddles.

Jimin: (In mind) What is she actually doing?

Jimin tried to peek at your direction, but who can know his intentions better other than you.

You: I told you not to.

Hearing your stern voice, he goes back to his phone pretending nothing happened

As you wrapped the gift, you huffed out, and looked at the clock which shows 11.58 pm.

You: (In mind) On time.

You hide the present behind you, and went towards Jimin who was still in his phone.

You: Jim.

As you called him, he looked up at you. You glanced at the clock.

7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

You and Jimin both flinched hard when six boys barged into the room. They came inside with a cake in their hand, while you smiled at them, feeling happy instead of feeling bad that you weren't the one who wished him first.

They cut the cake. After that Jimin talked with his mom in the balcony while you kept waiting for him in the bed. And your present is just beside you on the bed side table.

You tried to stay awake until he returns, but sleep took over you. When Jimin returned, he saw you sleeping resting your back on the headboard.

He smiled and made you lay properly. His eyes fell on your present. But he didn't open it. Moreover he admired your sleeping face.

'Try to propose her as soon as possible, son. Her mom talked with me. She is ready.'

His mom's words keep playing in his mind. It's his huge surprise on his birthday that he got to know about your approval.

He kissed your forehead, and lied down beside you before pulling you closer to him.

Jimin: Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me.

This time he pecked your pouty lips.

Jimin: I love you.