ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝.❞

✿✿✿

✿✿✿

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅. As she ran a comb through her voluminous curls absentmindedly staring at the counter she stood before, attempting to present herself nicely for their visit.

An unwanted visit if she might add, only finding out about it a day before. Which was utterly sneaky in her opinion, but it was clear that this was another one of her fathers schemes to catch her off gaurd like usual.

And she despised it, maybe even him.

Her eyes trailed over to the silver plaque that she decorated herself for him, the words 'Best Dad.' shining back at her.

The burn that coursed through her veins almost brought a pain to her at such a lie.

Everyone who knew them personally which was little, knew he was nowhere near a good father.

But she would say so to boost his fragile ego and earn her some nonexistent sympathy points.

As she got lost in the item, her thoughts slipped back into how she even attained it.

Specifically back to him.

Back to the new friend she'd made, the fun they had together was the most she'd ever had in her life. He indeed did take her out to eat at a quiet and cozy diner, recommending food that accommdated her taste buds.

And when she told him about her dilemma he took her to an arts & crafts shop, showing her the many different things she could choose and decorate for her father.

To which she kept simple and chose a plaque adorning a lie.

The most vivid memory in their run around through parts of the city she'd never been to was his boxy smile.

One she would never forget.

A grin of her own crept up on her face just thinking of him, maybe she could truly have a friend.

Finally she snapped back to her current situation and continued touching herself up the best way she knew how. Coating her lips in a subtle gloss, she nodded at her look.

One simple slightly off the shoulder black dress that fell just below her knees, while her hair was brushed away and up into a full bun.

This would do for now.

She sighed and took a step back while tucking away the products she'd already used. Grabbing her gift and placing it back into its case she sealed it and took her leave out of the bathroom.

Her mind in no place particularly while her eyes searched for his familiar figure that had gotten ready before her, half heartedly promised to wait on her in their bedroom.