prologue

✦✧✦✧

Norm Spellman, in his avatar form, wandered through the forest of Pandora alongside a buddy of his, Jake Sully, with guns in their hands. After the humans left Pandora, Jake and Norm wanted to make sure that the human infested area would be safe again for the Na'vi.

"So, when's Neytiri due again?" Norm asked Jake.

"In about a month. She thinks it's a boy." Jake replied.

"Well, that's good. A little Jake junior running around the forest." Norm joked, chuckling a bit.

"Oh, hell no. Neytiri would kill me if I named our child Jake junior." Jake exclaimed, also chuckling a bit.

Suddenly, a baby's cry was heard by the two men. They immediately ran towards the sound of the cries and as they got to the source of the crying, their eyes widened with shock and worry.

A woman was propped up against a rock. She had huge scratches on her chest and her left leg was missing a huge chunk, but what shocked Jake and Norm was the Na'vi baby she was holding in her arms.

"Jake, Norm! Oh, how I am glad to see the both of you!" The avatar exclaimed.

"Dr. Alcock! What happened?" Jake exclaimed, sitting down beside her to aid her.

Dr. Jocelyn Alcock was one of the few people loyal to the Na'vi. She was the first one to venture out to Pandora in search of other Na'vi clans.

"Viperwolves. I think they smelled the blood coming from her." Dr. Alcock said, looking down at the baby in her arms.

"Come, Norm and I will take you back to the lab to patch you up." Jake said but Dr. Alcock shook her head.

"It's too late for me, Jake, but not for her." Dr. Alcock cried, handing the baby to Jake.

"You never contacted us that you've returned from the ocean, Doctor. We could've helped you." Norm said with worry.

"I was pregnant, Norm. I just cannot face all of you while with child." Dr. Alcock said.

Jake and Norm looked at each other with sadness and pity in their eyes because even if they could've gotten Dr. Alcock back to the labs. She would've already lost a lot of blood then. It really was too late for her.

"Look, I must ask you two a very big thing. I want you too take care of my daughter. Her name's Y/N." Dr. Alcock cried.

"Alright, we'll take care of her." Jake nodded, cradling the baby in his arms.

"We'll take good care of her and we'll tell her all about her mother." Norm added, smiling sadly at Dr. Alcock.

"Another thing, here's all the research I've done. Everything you need to know is right there." Dr. Alcock said, handing Norm a flash drive.

"Wait, can I hold her for one last time?" Dr. Alcock asked Jake, looking at Y/N.

"Of course, here." Jake said, handing Y/N to Dr. Alcock carefully.

"Hey, you. You're gonna be a brave brave girl, Y/N. Mommy loves you so so much, but now Eywa wants Mommy to go with her." Dr. Alcock cried.

Norm teared a bit and Jake just looked at the mother and daughter pair sadly. Dr. Alcock gave Y/N one last kiss on her forehead before she handed her back to Jake.

"Wait, who's her father?" Jake wondered to himself but Dr. Alcock heard him.

"I don't...know" Dr. Alcock breathed out.

Jake's and Norm's eyes widened. "Were you already pregnant when you left?" Norm exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I didn't know... Thanks you guys. I really appreciate for what you're doing." Dr. Alcock cried.

"We're here, Joce. Don't worry." Jake comforted her.

"Please take good care of my Y/N." Dr. Alcock breathed out for the last time as she closed her eyes.

Jake and Norm bowed their heads out of respect for the death of Dr. Jocelyn Alcock.

✦✧✦✧