chapter 3

✦✧✦✧

After that eventful night, Tuk was sat on the ground, tilting her head a bit to see what her parents were arguing about from inside their family's hut. Kiri also sat beside her who saw Y/N, Neteyam, and Lo'ak walk towards then. She signaled them to be quiet so that they could listen to their parents without getting caught.

"I cannot leave my people!" Neytiri tells Jake as she grabs a bag and placed things inside it.

"He's hunting us. He's targeting our family." Jake tells her as she shakes her head.

"You cannot ask this!" Neytiri yells, standing up. "The children, everything they've ever known! The forest! This is our home!" She added.

"He had our children. He had them under his knife." Jake tells Neytiri with a bit of fear in his tone.

Neytiri pauses for a while till she takes her father's bow, holding it up to Jake. "My father gave this bow as he lay dying! And he said protect the people. You're Toruk Makto!" Neytiri cries out to her husband.

"This will protect the people." Jake tells his wife, implying his plan of leaving the forest. "Quaritch has Spider and that kid knows everything! He knows our whole operation!" He added.

Outside the hut, the kids were sharing worried looks as Jake and Neytiri argued about the prospect of leaving home. Y/N looked at Neteyam, worry and a bit of fear in her eyes. Neteyam says nothing to her and wraps his arm around Y/N's shoulders, stroking one of her shoulders comfortingly.

Back to Jake and Neytiri, Jake sighs. "Look, I got nothing. I got no plan." He admits.

Neytiri remains quiet with an angry expression on her face. Jake continues. "But, I can protect this family. That I can do."

Neytiri sighs heavily, tears threatening to spill from her eyes as she presses her hand against her forehead. She closes her eyes as well as Jake walks closer to her, standing right in front of her. "But I know one thing, wherever we go, this family is our fortress." He said.

Neytiri tears up a bit as reality hits her. She was leaving her home, the place she grew up in, the place where she first met Jake, the place where her father and sister died. Jake immediately takes Neytiri into his arms, comforting her.

✦✧✦✧

All of the members of the Omatikaya clan were gathered at the Tree of Souls. They watched with sad expressions as Jake stepped down from his position as Olo'eyktan and would be passed onto Tarsem.

Tarsem, who stood next to Jake, now wears the native coat meant to be worn by the Olo'eyktan. He holds up a tooth taken from an animal, ready to stab Jake. He releases a small shout as the tooth penetrates Jake's chest.

Tarsem removes the tooth from Jake's chest with a grunt, leaving a small cut on the latter's chest. Jake nods at Tarsem with respect, silently congratulating him and telling him he'd be a great leader to the people.

The Sully family now walks down the path away from the Tree of Souls. The Na'vi look at them with solemn expressions. Neytiri was behind Jake, crying silently. Y/N, Kiri and Tuk were behind her with Y/N in the middle, holding both of her sisters' hands. Neteyam and Lo'ak were at the back.

They were now up above the skies of Pandora. Their things that were needed for travel were strapped onto their ikrans. Y/N, riding on Marali was beside Neteyam in the sky. They all looked back at the place they all called their home with sad expressions on their faces.