chapter 2

✦✧✦✧

Y/N was on the floor of the hut, making hissing noises as Mo'at, who was behind her back, applied gel to her injuries. Neteyam, who was sat beside her, had one of her hands in his, stroking her knuckles with every hiss that come out of her.

"Aw, want a kiss on the boo boo?" Spider teased Y/N who in return hissed and stuck her tongue out at him.

"I would use Yalnabark." Kiri told her grandmother who was also behind Y/N, tending to her injuries.

"Oh, you would?" Mo'at said with a tinge of interest in her tone. "Remind me, who is Tsahik here?" She added.

Kiri rolled her eyes. "You, grandmother." She said, bummed out. "But Yalnabark is better." She added, wrapping a bandage around Y/N's sprained foot and scolding Lo'ak also for blocking her way.

"And it stings less." Kiri said, worried for Y/N who muttered small 'ows' and hissed every time Mo'at applied gel on her back.

Outside of the tent, Neytiri was watching her children inside with a tight lip smile, but it soon faded when she remembered that Y/N almost got killed today and the danger her sons were in. Jake, who was cleaning his gun, took notice of his wife's sudden change of mood.

"What?" He asked, questioning her sudden change of mood.

After a moment of silence, Neytiri spoke up. "Neteyam and Lo'ak try to live up to you. It is very hard on them."

"I know." Jake sighed, his eyes on the gun.

Neytiri kneeled down in front of her husband. "You are very hard on them." She said.

"I'm their father. It's my job." Jake said, clicking his gun.

"This is not a squad. It is a family." Neytiri said, looking at the gun then at Jake.

Jake stops what he was doing for a while, remembering and contemplating what happened today. He sighed heavily. "I thought we lost them. Her." Jake admits in a soft tone.

Neytiri closes her eyes and squeezed Jake's arm in comfort. Y/N always had a special place in their hearts. She was technically their first child since Neteyam was born a month after Y/N. Also, Neytiri was very fond of Dr. Alcock, and wanted to keep the promise that no harm would ever come to her daughter. Ever.

✦✧✦✧

Y/N, Kiri, Lo'ak, and Spider passed through the part of the mountains where the humans and Avatars were stationed. Some greeted the kids as they walked by.

"Hey, Spider!" Norm, in his Avatar, called out to Spider, slapping his shirt against Spider's legs with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"Your ass is mine!" Spider exclaimed, pointing a finger at Norm as he dodged the hit.

"I'm right here." Norm said, throwing up his hands.

"Hey there, Norm!" Y/N greeted him, waving her hand.

"Oh, hey there, sweetheart!" Norm greeted Y/N back, waving a hand at her as well.

"Avatars only, go around!" A female scientist scolds the kids while Kiri mocks her, earning a small chuckle from Y/N.

As the kids entered the portable science lab, Spider opened a door that led them to the links of the Avatars. Y/N smiled at the sight of this and was also excited to see her mom.