Gender reveal party

"What is it this time dad?" Liam asked as stiles dragged him to the back yard. "Can't papa do it? He's here today isn't he? I swear I heard him this morning"
"Liam would you please just come with me? I promise it wouldn't take long"
"Ok I'm coming" The teenager sighed.

They reached the back door and soon stiles pushed him out only for everyone to yell surprise at the confused kid.
"I think you did it too early" Liam said.
Derek came to the two and stood on liams other side. "Read the banner"

Liam, who just now noticed it, read the big banner that was hanging between the two large trees - 'Liams gender reveal party', it said in gouache, clearly his siblings job.

The teenager turned to derek and hugged him tightly before turning to stiles and hugging him a bit more gentle, being aware of how strong he is especially when excited.

For months the three of them talked about how liam would come out and to whom, liam wanted to tell everyone but didn't like the idea of doing it more than 3 times - his parents, his siblings and his pack, so they decided on a party but then stiles got sick and soon derek figured out his mate was only a month pregnant and for the first time he was in a high risk pregnancy which lead to him being on bed rest and a doctor on speed dial.

With school, worrying about his father and pack stuff, liam forgot about the party and with him mostly talking to his pack, who already knew, it was like everything was normal, before he decided on coming out.

But stiles would never forget something so important, especially when it comes to his family.

Both parents noticed how liam stopped talking about his party and stiles knew it was his fault and he had to fix it.
And so he started planning, with derek not letting him do anything he had a lot of time on his hands and decided to make it a surprise for his first born.

Stiles did everything for bed while derek, scott and jackson did the "heavy lifting".

For a month he planned everything and sent secret invitations to liams friends and classmates, telling them it was a surprise birthday party and to not let liam know.

It took him about two weeks to convince derek he'll be ok for the day of the party and will be by his side at all times for the wolf to even consider letting him out of bed.

But today was the day, today liam took his sisters to get ice cream while his brothers stayed to help and as soon as they got back stiles took the teen to the back yard where everyone was waiting for him.

The back yard was decorated like a typical baby shower but instead of pink and blue everything was white and blue, the had games, food, alcohol and even the big white cake that was waiting for someone to cut into it and show the color.

For 5 hours everyone was there to celebrate, family and friends that couldn't be happier for the boy, allies and neighbors that maybe weren't as close but were happy to be there for the big day, and his parents that he couldn't be happier to have this moment with.

When liam cut the cake stiles couldn't help but cry in dereks arms, getting everyone including liam to laugh at him while derek just kissed him head and smiled.

Eventually everyone but liams best friends left to go home, all congratulating liam and telling him how brave he is.

When liam and his friends tried helping with the back yard stiles ordered derek to get them to the basement where all the sleepovers were held as he snapped his fingers and had everything clean before falling into isaac arms in exhaustion.

Once all the kids were asleep or in their room derek walked into their room and looked at his husband angrily.
"You said you'll take it easy, doing that much magic wasn't talking it easy" He stood in front of the bed, arms crossed and a worried look on his face.
Stiles only made grubby hands and derek sighed softly before getting in bed and hugging him.

"Sorry I did that," Stiles mumbled. "I just feel so useless now and it's something I did so many times without even being slightly tired, I didn't think, I'm sorry" He said so quietly, ashamed of himself for putting himself and their baby in danger.

Derek kissed his head. "I know baby, I know," He hugged stiles a little tighter. "But you're not useless, you're growing a little life in there," He rubbed stiles' small baby bump. "And you're keeping us together, sti you know how many times a day the kids come here for help even when I'm right beside them?" Stiles took a second to think about it, just know seeing what derek is talking about. "Baby you help more than you know and I can't tell you how much we appreciate it, I don't think anyone of us would survive without you" Derek kissed his teary husband.

"I love you" Stiles whispered.
"I love you too"