fourteen

April 3rd: Spanish Qualifying

————————————————————————
Twitter:
Quinncarter: the new RM challenge just dropped! go and see me and max almost kill each-other over pizza for ten minutes!
________________________________

Both Max and I were under strict instruction to be in the front row for the race tomorrow, Christian was still moody over the crash in Bahrain and I needed to please him, even if he annoyed me.

"Give them hell?" Max asked, sitting in his car besides me as the engineers were overlooking the last details before quali began, lando wasn't even in his car yet, still searching for his phone despite the fact I'd given it to Carlos around two hours ago.

I agreed with max, it wasn't even a question at this point, "Absolutely give them hell."

Max currently was the only person who had more points than me in the championship, only two races in though that could all change in no time, "Right, go on out there you lot." Christian ordered.

—————-

"Okay you have the fastest lap currently." My engineer reassured me, I was currently in front and leading but not much was in it between Fernando and I.

"What's the difference between us?" I asked, my radio being on and operated as instructed by Christian, he said if I keep turning it off he's going to make it permanently on.

He took a moment to reply, "1.3 seconds."

I sighed, it needed to be further than that, thankfully Max was behind Fernando and chasing him down viciously, "Shit okay."

My heart was pumping out of my chest, the adrenaline coursing through my veins more than ever, even more so than my first Grand Prix, I'd never felt more competitive in my life, even more determined to win.

I have never gone faster, three hundred miles per hour and still steadily increasing, I felt like I was flying down that track, "And now?" I asked, the words struggling to come out of my mouth as I was was making sure I didn't crash at this new high speed.

"Thirteen seconds, you can slow it down." My engineer told me, I only had a lap left and I wasn't slowing it down anytime soon, I could hear Christian complaining in the background, he wouldn't be when I won it.

The car was now at 325, drifting around the track aimlessly and dangerously but I didn't care, I was thriving off of it, this new feeling of euphoria as I continued to push the limits, crossing the finish line with a totalled twenty one seconds between first and second.

As I got into the pole position, I was ecstatic, won with ease, I was starting in P1 for the Spanish Grand Prix, "Yes!" I squealed as I hopped out of the car, tripping over myself a little as I did so, the adrenaline making me shake.

As I awaited the celebration from the crowd who'd come out to see quali, there was none, none from the garage either, Christian must've been annoyed that his number one driver didn't win, "What the hell?" I asked as if anyone could even hear me anyway, the cameras weren't flashing and it was relatively quiet.

A few moments later, as the cars all finished the race a man came over to me, his Lanyard telling he worked for the FIA medical centre, "Hi, we need you to come to the medical centre."

"Oh?" I took off my helmet, raising my brows.

"Boys." He ordered, many other men with the same medical centre lanyard on surrounded me, I didn't have time to ask any questions as they hurried me out to the medical centre.

I was confused beyond belief, I wasn't in any crashes, pain, "What's going on is everyone okay?" I asked, fuck did I hurt someone?

Christian was stood there, his arms crossed and his face red, he was angry, "Did you finally snap and hit someone?" I asked him, did they really drag me to the medical centre to see my beat up engineer?

"Quinn, you need to do an anti doping test." He told me firmly, The FIA has long complied with WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) standards, and all the F1 drivers are subjected to regular - and random drug tests throughout the year, both during and between race weekends, "I did one last weekend." I told him, surely I wasn't randomly selected twice.

"Quinn, tell me the truth before you do it," he braced himself "Are you on performance enhancing drugs?"

"No? Is my performance that fucking good that you can't believe it?" I chuckled, what a pathetic excuse that was, "I'll do a fucking test."

"That was reckless, the drifting- you're more technical than that, the FIA owners have specifically asked if you would do one, you're exhibiting symptoms throughout that entire race." Christian huffed, thankfully he had nothing to huff about.

"Okay then, I'll do it." They passed me a cup to piss in, the worse part was that someone was allocated to watch you do it so you couldn't switch your samples.

Within five minutes later, the result came back, my entire life ruined in front of my eyes within five minutes.

________________________________
formulaone:

liked by 78,672,827 peopleformulaone: Shortly after the end of the qualifying session for the 2024 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix, Sky Sport Italy commentator Carlo Vanzini stated that Redbull racings Monegasque driver Quinn Carter was heading towar...

formulaone: Shortly after the end of the qualifying session for the 2024 Formula 1 Spanish Grand Prix, Sky Sport Italy commentator Carlo Vanzini stated that Redbull racings Monegasque driver Quinn Carter was heading towards the medical centre. The news alarmed many fans on social media as the driver had not been involved in any accident, leading to fears of something serious, which we can now confirm, this afternoon Quinn has tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and we wait on what percussions she is to face.

comments:

username03: holy shit

random293: told you girls shouldn't do this sport 🙄

user_name492: it was obvious! she was shaking like mad after that race!
________________________________
redbullracing:

liked by 43,628,924 people redbullracing: After a routine anti doping test today, our new formula one driver Quinn Carter has tested positive, we don't stand with this illegal substance abuse, we weren't aware of it and don't want anything to do w...

redbullracing: After a routine anti doping test today, our new formula one driver Quinn Carter has tested positive, we don't stand with this illegal substance abuse, we weren't aware of it and don't want anything to do with it in our company and she is now on a race ban for the remainder of the 2024 season.

comments disabled
________________________________