sixteen

April 12th

After much discussion with my parents, I'd finally caved and was happy to chat with Lorenzo over what to do, way back in formula two he was my manager, now he's just Charles'.

"I didn't do it, the Ferrari top however that's not edited I did wear that, but I don't know how to make Christian trust me again." I told him, we'd been sat here for around an hour and a half discussing life in the last few years.

"I think that obviously you've betrayed his trust, not just with the drugs but the win in Australia as well, he wants someone who will listen and you... you don't." Lorenzo told me, it felt harsh but it was all true, so I just had to nod and take it.

He continued, "The Ferrari jumper thing, honestly I don't even think that's a problem. The media is completely spinning that into something it isn't, don't worry about that."

"Right."

"Yeah, you're going to need to put in a lot of effort if you want to get back on the time Quinn, but, I'm willing to help you do it, if you want me to by your manager again, I'll do it." He smiled, looking over an abundance of contracts.

"Seriously?" I asked him, I didn't expect him to be so willing to have me on again, especially since I attack his brother at any given opportunity and my track record is a bit of a mess currently.

"You're a family friend quinn, despite whatever the hell is going on with you and Charles you are still family, of course I'll manage you." He promised, smiling widely as I couldn't even contain my excitement.

Lorenzo understood some of the drama between charles and I since he was the one who told me Ferrari wanted to sign me and he obviously knew his brother took my seat, but he didn't know why I was so annoyed over it but I doubt it's hard to assume.

The siblings always know the drama, just not the parents.

"Lorenzo I will do anything you tell me to if it means I can get in that car again, respectfully I need to beat your brother." I told him, him laughing in response, I'd saved up enough to pay him to manage me and I was ready to go.

Mission get back to red bull ✅

"Well I want to help you do it then, but there's going to be a lot to do and you have to listen to me alright?" He asked, he knew how hard I found it to listen and trust other people, so I nodded slowly.

"I know I'm not reliable and whatever, but I'm desperate to be back racing. I will do anything." I promised him.

He sighed, thinking, "Right, well the first step is the arguing with Charles, it needs to stop. It's not doing you any favours in the media or him for that matter, you need to revamp the image."

"Revamp the image?" I asked him.

He nodded, explaining his thought process to me in order to gain favour with the media and hopefully Christian, "It sounds fucked, but you need to come across more innocent less man eater, you need to be sweet and kind and lovely, make everyone doubt you're even capable of doing drugs, make people think you don't even know what damn drugs are."

"God."

"I mean outfit changes, less black more pink, we want less cussing, what about no more cussing at all, be sweet to the drivers and be known for being pure. Men watching the sport don't want a badass female they want an innocent little girl, and I understand it's messed up," he sighed "but you have no choice at this point."

"Okay, okay."

"And an apology, you need to do a post and apologise for the drugs and the disrespect, it needs to be carefully thought out and I will help draft it for you," he thought "You don't want to admit to the drugs either but you can't blame anyone else."

"I'm not apologising, I didn't-

Charles entered the house, shouting to his brother as he wandered into the kitchen where we were both sat, looking up from his phone, "Lorenzo can I borrow the-

"What are you doing here?" He asked looking down at me as he put his phone in his pocket, trying to figure out why I'd be at his older brothers house.

"Quinn needed some help and I'm glad to give her some, what did you want?" Lorenzo defended, pulling him back to the original point.

"Are you managing her again? After all that she says about me, really? After she officially trashed motorsport? " He asked him, sort of confused that his brother would help her.

"I think what she says about you is deserved but that's all going to end now, because I'm managing her again and if she wants her seat back she's promised to stop attacking you." Lorenzo smiled.

Charles snorted, "Yeah let's see how long that lasts."

I wanted nothing more than to punch him.

"I'm really sorry about how I've treated you Charles, looking back it was really immature of me, and I just am so sorry. I regret it." I told him, my best acting on show for Lorenzo who seemed to be lapping it up.

"See?" Lorenzo smiled.

"It's not going to work." Charles sighed, sitting down also as he wanted to get involved in my drama as per usual, "That wasn't sincere."

"Well it will if you help her, come across as friends, be funny and sweet with each other like you have since you were children. If you've done it once you can do it again, if you don't help her Charles I'm calling the FIA myself." Lorenzo threatened, his older brother power coming into play.

"Calling them about what?" He asked confused.

I sighed, involving myself now also, "About Fred Vasseur and his drug tendencies!"

"I can't believe you'd let her take the blame for that Charles, that's shameful. The least you can do now is try to get her career back, you are the one who ruined it." Lorenzo finalised, I signed the contracts to allow him to be my manager again and we were off to work.

I'm coming back to you red bull.

"Lorenzo, I appreciate this really. But I can't apologise for something I didn't do, I look like I'm admitting it then." I shrugged, awkwardly holding my elbow with my other hand.

"Well you did, time to own up." Charles mumbled, arms crossed across his chest, he was wearing a Ferrari t shirt, of course.

"An apology is the only way-

"Lorenzo-

"Quinn," Lorenzo paused "If you want to drive again you have to do this, it's the first step. I wouldn't make you do it if it wasn't important, I will help you but you have to post it."

fuck sake
________________________________
quinncarter:

liked by 30,430,263 people quinncarter: I've screwed up big time and I'm afraid I've lost racing forever

quinncarter: I've screwed up big time and I'm afraid I've lost racing forever. Racing is all that I know, from dropping out of school at sixteen, its all I've ever done. My heart is split in two, driving was something I never imagined stopping. I haven't got the right words to convey how I feel when the one word I would use is heartbroken, I'm not proud of what happened in Spain and I really wish it didn't occur. Racing is my life, it's all that I know how to do and not being able to continue it currently is ruining me. I'd rather the jail time than a race ban. I want to apologise to the FIA, Christian Horner, every single person at red bull racing, my teammate Max and formula one as a whole, and all of the other drivers who were at risk. I'm beyond sorry to everyone involved, I'm truly ashamed.

comments disabled
________________________________