New Path

The three remaining Lake siblings started training with their dad and Blinky for the basics while Draal went over weapon techniques with the group of five. "I understand why we have to start with the basics but why do they get to do the fun stuff?" Cabra asked seeing that Atzi sparring with Bolland on the other side of the arena. "They have several months to years ahead on you three in terms of training," Blinky said. The trio understood why they were starting at square one though they wished that they could join with weapons training that was not basic movements. Once finished with their training, the trio watched the five teens going at each other with Draal making comments on where they could make improvements. "Other than those small things to improve to survive a fight or patrols," Draal said as the teens shifted back. "How's the injury?" Calan asked wondering if Zi's injury was bugging her. "Still itchy but you know the usual," Zi said before checking the wound. 

Blinky looked over the wound and noticed that it was healing very well despite how they had gotten it in the first place. Jim still felt bad for the injury in the first place even though Zi told him that he was just doing his job. "Atzi can I talk to you?" Jim asked Zi as they finished redressing the wound. "What do you want to talk about Dad?" Zi said as they sat at the edge of the arena floor. Jim took the seat next to them trying not to look down into the abyss knowing that with one wrong step, they were not coming out alive. "I know that both of us have had a rocky relationship over the last 10 years but can we figure out a way to fix our relationship? I am willing to take things slow to get there," Jim said with a nervous tone in his voice. "I can take that Dad but it's going to take a while to fix our relationship so if you want to fix our relationship build a relationship with Cabraken, Lucas, and Metzli," Zi said knowing that it was the only way to fix their relationship. "That's all you ask?" Jim asked double checking on what he heard. " Yes, that's all am asking," Zi said before getting up to get something to eat hoping that it would stay down. Jim took that as a good step in the right direction knowing that they have to find a way to create a relationship with his other three kids.

Cabraken, Lucas, and Metzli knew that their dad and Atzi talked about fixing their relationship with each other. Cabra knew that they were the ones with whom Zi had a rocky relationship but he knew that Zi was going to stay in Arcadia protecting the town with their friends that they found here. "Zi found their place here in Arcadia with them and I was wrong about them running from us," Cabra said looking