Truth

Atzi had waited till everyone was asleep to head out for patrol because their older brothers (though Lucas is their twin) and younger sister didn't know about the supernatural world. Just outside their place, Bollan and Calan were waiting for them to head to Trollbridge to meet up with Max and Eamon. "It looks like you survived your reunion with your family," Eamon said with a smile. "Well, I think he wants to get through the end of the holidays to head home and back to normal," Zi said knowing that they wanted the same thing. Eamon being the resident warlock knew that Zi had a basic level of magic that helped them to blend in to the crowd.

"It's weird to be connected to something like the Heartstone," Max said to the rest of the group as they sat at the bottom of the canal. "It's more like a tether but it's hard to describe," Bolland said who was on his back on the bottom of the canal. "That's true and trust me I had a piece of the Coral Village heartstone with me at all times as a bracelet after I first shifted because I nearly died and it was what kept me alive till I could be returned to Trollmarket," Atzi said remembering when they had gotten the bracelet after they first shifted with a piece of blue heartstone shard from the center of the Coral Village Heartstone. "What about your core isn't that a very similar thing to the heartstone?" Calan asked wanting to learn more about his friend's core. "It's more like having a second heart that could be seen but I get where you three are coming from when it comes to describing it because it's hard," Max said placing his hand over where his core was. Eamon had looked over the group of four knowing that he could never have the same feeling due to the fact he was a wizard and human so it was something that he couldn't comment on it. "We should start patrol before something happens," Bolland said getting up from the ground and starting to walk from underneath the Troll Bridge. He shifted into his troll form which towered over the rest of the team in both human and supernatural forms.

Max, Calan, and Zi all shifted as well though Zi is a bit shorter than Calan and Bolland. The reason why Zi was shorter than Calan and Bolland is because they are Axoltroll who mainly live underwater though their height often helps them swim through water. Eamon is the only human on the team though not being able to shift is something that made it easy for him to do things the rest of the team couldn't do. "Split up as usual?" Cal asked after he had gotten up. "Yeah though send a flare if we find ourselves in a fight that we need help," Eamon said summoning his staff. Once they had a plan in hand the group of five split up to do their patrols though little did they know that they were being watched. Zi had a feeling that they were being watched as they were heading to the forest though kept their guard up just in case. They had been in the supernatural world long enough to trust their feelings when they have them much more if they had them during patrols. The rest of the team learned firsthand that when Zi has one of their feelings to know to trust them they learned to trust their feelings as well. Zi went on with their patrol under the branches of the trees with their guard raised knowing that one wrong move could end their lives.

Back at the Lake residence, Cabraken, Metzli, and  Lucas knew that Zi was hiding something from them. "Atzi is hiding something and it's big," Cabra said looking out the window to the forest. Tegan and Lucas knew that Cabra had a thing against Zi though it had been years since the thing that happened between them. "Just drop it Cab it's been years since it happened plus whatever they are keeping a secret it's for a good reason," Metzli said trying to get her oldest brother to get off Zi's back. "Then you know that am right that they're hiding something from us and from Mom?" Cabra asked knowing that they were right about secrets. Lucas knew that their twin had always been a person of secrets though something had been going on with Zi for the last decade. "You want to go after Zi don't you?" Lucas said looking at his brother before getting up and grabbing his jacket from the chair that it was on. The trio went out the back door after checking that their mom and grandma were both asleep in their respective rooms before heading into the forest behind the house. They found a trail to walk down to see if they could find Zi but they found something in front of them that was staring right at them. "Isn't that a troll?" Lucas asked without taking his eyes off the troll. "Yeah but what kind?" Cabra asked in return. It didn't take long for another troll using two short swords to come between them and the bigger troll.