Return to Arcadia

"At some point, you have to face your family about this sooner or later," Max said walking with Atzi. "I know that Max but I've kept this secret from my dad and siblings since I was 5. Over the years, I had to learn how to keep secrets from everyone I care about," Atzi said in return. "Though keeping it secret a bit longer is not such a bad thing," Eamon said sort of siding with Atzi. "The point is that sooner or later they are going to find out about everything," Max said. "Though on the other hand, telling them the truth could drive more of a wedge between them than there is," Bolland said pointing out the other side of the argument. Atzi looked over to him with a glare and he gave her a knowing look. Calan looked over his 4 friends knowing that they all have something in common that being that have a supernatural connection. That being Atzi, Bollen, Calan, and Max not being entirely human while Eamon is the only one who is human and is a wizard. The group of five had been walking over to Mr.Benoit's French Bistro to grab something to eat before heading home for the winter holidays.

Mr.Benoit's along with several other restaurants had created new menus to cater to the supernatural community so they had gotten something from that menu. Atzi, Bolland, and Calan are shifters and because of that, they can't human food on their own without something else. Bolland is the son of Draal and Nemora but considering when he was born during the war between trolls and Gunmar's forces he was placed in hiding and had been spell placed on him to keep him frozen in time. While with Calan is the son of Bular with a human and the grandson of Gunmar but his mother had kept him hidden from his father's family by placing him in foster care with the same spell placed on him as Bolland. Funny enough, both Bolland and Calan had been adopted by the same couple making them adoptive brothers which is ironic considering that their fathers fought against each other.

"The same as always gents," asked Mr.Benoit to the trio. All five said yes and at that point, Atzi gave up trying to correct Mr.Benoit because they are gender fluid and non-binary. "You know sometimes I still go over trying to find a way without getting yelled at by Cabraken on not telling them to begin with," Atzi said pointing out that their older brother is the only other person that pushed back against them. "You could always punch him in the face or better yet we could do it for you," Bolland said trying to see if Zi would be willing to let them go at their brother. "Maybe but I want to get some punches in before you four go at him," Zi said knowing that they were going to be one to throw the first punch at their brother. Mr. Benoit had given them their orders when they were ready so they could head out back home for the night before they had patrol later that night.

"Have fun dealing with your family Zi," Eamon said before walking over to his house. Atzi chuckled as they walked up their porch steps and through the front door before getting tackled by their little sister. "Missed you too Metzli but I need to get up," Zi said as their sister got off of them. "Where have you been Zi because we've been waiting here for you all afternoon," Cabra said when he saw Zi. "I was with my friends all afternoon because I wasn't aware you had arrived," Zi said before saying hello to their mother and twin brother Lucas. Zi knew that they were talking about how to protect Arcadia from supernatural threats. Lucas noticed that something was off with their sibling since they last saw them back in May. Metzli and Cabraken also noticed the same thing as their brother but one thing that they noticed that he didn't was that they noticed a grey patch of skin peeking under Zi's shirt on the base of their neck.

One thing that they know about Atzi is that they never have their torso uncovered during the day which had always been an evident fact during the summer. "They never gave a second thought about putting us before themselves," Cabraken said with a glare. "Lay off Atzi," Claire said and she knew that Atzi had been more connected to the supernatural world. "They left us just like Dad did and they never looked back," Cabra said. "Atzi never had a place back home but they found their place here," Lucas said looking up the stairs before heading up themselves for the night. "Atzi will never fit in anywhere not here and not at home 'cause they are a freak," Cabra said before following Lucas. "Don't say that because they don't need to hear something like that," Clair said before Metzli to bed. "Atzi made fast friends with 4 other kids at school and two of them are new as well," Barbera said remembering meeting Bolland, Max, Eamon, and Calan. Claire had a slight smile on her face knowing that her second youngest had their place in Arcadia with friends of their own.

Both of them know that Atzi has taken up the responsibility of protecting Arcadia and its Trollmarket underneath the city. Claire knew that she had left the fighting behind but had remained in the Supernatural world in some capacity by keeping up with her magic. Atzi had been the only one of the Lake siblings who weaved the supernatural world into their life in such a way that made it easier to balance both worlds. "I'm happy for them but there is still that worry though I know that Atzi has the skill to stay alive," Claire said. Barbera knew that the worry that Claire has is something that she felt that she learned the truth about her son but she learned to let him do his thing. "That worry never goes away but you can see Atzi is at peace with where they're at," Barbera said before heading up to bed. Claire knew that her mother-in-law was right about Atzi though that doesn't mean that the other three would have the same trust in the supernatural.