Trollmarket

Zi got some sleep which was only 2 hours before getting up to head over to Trollmarket for training. "Something small to eat before training so I won't throw it back up," Zi said grabbing a ham and cheese hot pocket. 'Went to Trollmarket be back sometime after sundown don't worry' -Atzi. After writing the note, Zi grabbed their bag and started to walk towards the Trollbridge before the sun was up. It was one of the good things about the winter months is that the sun hasn't risen before 7:30 am so Zi, Bolland, and Calan could wear tank tops out before the sun rises and after it sets so they wouldn't get burned. One of the things that Zi did before leaving the house is to check on the wound from the night before which was at this point already closing up and started to turn into stone. "How's that wound?" Bolland asked when he spotted the Axoltroll sliding down the side of the canal. "Closing and already turning to stone at least at the edges though the limp is gone at this point," Zi said with a knowing shrug of their shoulders.

"That's the one thing that usually I don't understand on how for you three your wounds turn into stone as they heal," Max said always trying to understand troll biology. "That's something that you have to ask Vendel but it's like us asking about Akiridion biology," Calan pointed out that same logic. "Let's head over to the forge 'cause it's hell day and hope Drall or Vex will going to go easy on us," Eamon said as he took out his horngozal. The horngozal is the key to entering Trollmarket from the stars that are out of the canal. "Hell day is something we all hate mainly after when we are injured," Max said knowing that they have been injured when they have Hell day before it happens. That was something that the group could agree on because the group being injured often before Hell Day made it a bit harder to do depending on the injury.   

The group walked towards the forge for training knowing that they might throw up after training. "What happened last night with you five?" Vendel asked with a concerned tone in his voice. "My dad that's what happened and this was the result of that whole confirmation," Zi said showing the bandaged cut below their ribs. "Daylight?" Draal asked when he saw the wound. The five teens nodded but that was when Vex entered the forge to start the training. Draal and Vex explained that for Hell Day, the group has to pass the obstacle course that the floor of Hero's Forge turns into moving pieces. The course had always been used for training by the Trollhunters of the past including Jim before he left to help find a Heartstone after the battle of the Eternal Night. Draal, Vex, and Vendal just stood to the side to watch for things to improve for each one of the teens in the long run along with making sure that present injuries weren't made worse.

Back to the rest of the Lake-Nuniz household  

"Why didn't you tell us about Dad?" Cabra asked as he was helping out with breakfast. "We wanted the four of you to stay out of the supernatural world for as long as possible but Atzi found out when they were five," Claire said remembering Jim and Blinky bringing back a five-year-old Atzi from Trollmarket with a thin scar running down their arm. "Then why didn't they tell us after a few years behind your and Dad's backs?" Lucas asked. Babria told them that Atzi did want to tell them but knew that if they did they would be putting them three in danger of getting hurt or killed. The remaining Lake siblings finally realized that Atzi didn't keep this from them to be close to their father but kept it to keep them safe at the risk of injury or death. "Then why did Dad leave in the first place?" Tegan asked wanting to know. "The reason why I left is because something was going on that required me to be at Trollmarket full time and go back to being this," a voice said behind them. Behind everyone was Jim without the armor and the sword which was something that they weren't expecting. "Is that why Atzi could go from human to troll like it was nothing to begin with?" Cabraken asked looking at his father. 

Jim nodded knowing that the ability that Atzi has comes from him and has a feeling that his oldest has the same ability as well. "Speaking of which, where is Atzi?" Blinky asked when he walked in. "They went to Trollmarket and left this morning before we woke up," Claire said with the note in her hand. "What's Trollmarket?" Tegan asked curious. Blinky told Cabraken, Lucas, and Tegan about Trollmarket while answering their questions through his explanation. Cabra suggested that they go to Trollmarket to check it out despite it being in ruins. Claire asked her mother-in-law if she had a spare horngozel to enter Trollmarket from the canal. Babria gave her the spare horngozel before the group started to head out for the market. Both Blinky and Jim took the sewers to head to the canal while everyone used the streets above. Cabra remembered all the times that Atzi would come down each morning with bandages around their arms, wrists, or hands which at times were stained with blood. It was at that moment that Cabraken knew to see the world that Atzi had grown up in and managed to survive it for this long. 

When they arrived at Trollmarket, they heard yelling coming from the forge so they headed in that direction. As they entered the forge, the first thing that they noticed was that five teenagers were jumping from one moving platform to another. One of the figures that was moving faster than two others behind them was non-other Atzi in their troll form. "You five are done for the day," Vex said as the floors moved back into place. All five teens ran to the edge of the forge led to a massive drop and all of them dry heaved whatever was in their stomachs. "That was something because I had never seen anything like this before," Tegan said with a smile on her face looking around. "Nice to see you guys and next time can you move Hell Day when we're not injured or do you guys want us more injured than what we already are," Zi said looking up from the edge over to their honorary uncle and Vex. "Sometimes you have to fight your enemy while being injured and they will often not show you any mercy," Draal said pointing out that enemies that they will face will not let them live when injured in a fight. All five teens looked at the blue troll with spite in their eyes knowing that he was right and the fact that they had gone through several rounds of the course by the point everyone else had gotten there.