Chapter 7: Violent Dimwits

Annabeth woke up from her slumber, only to discover that she was somewhere she didn't recognize. She was laying on a couch in a room by herself.

Damn witches.

The grey eyed woman tried to move her hand, but she found that she couldn't. Looking down, Annabeth saw celestial bronze cuffs locked around her wrists.

She looked around the room to assess her surroundings.

She didn't see anything dangerous. And so she raised her cuffed hands to her bun and took out a bobby pin.

But before she could finish unlocking the cuffs, she heard someone fiddling with the doorknob across room.

She quickly hid the hair pin so it wouldn't be visible to whoever walked in.

When the door opened, Sophie walked in, and Elijah followed. His investigation on who was after Klaus led him to Sophie Deveraux, and then she led him here.

Any shred of kindness he harbored completely disappeared when he saw who else was in the room.

"You kidnapped someone important to my family?" His tone showed he was about to become violent.

"We didn't really have a choice," Sophie defended in a soft tone.

The brown eyed original was perplexed by her words. But instead of acting on his rage, he simply raised an inquisitive eyebrow, urging her to explain.

"We're desperate. If we practice magic in the quarter, Marcel will have us killed." Emotion seeped into Sophie's voice. "You and your siblings are our only hope."

Annabeth began picking the lock on her cuffs again. She called out, "Hi, 'Lijah."

He looked over to send her a smile. "Hello, Annabeth. I'm sorry you got into this...situation. Are you alright?"

She nodded and continued picking her lock. Sophie watched her and commented. "I guess we should've searched you."

The grey eyed demigod shook her head and changed the topic to something more interesting. "How did you get celestial bronze?"

Sophie's voice got quiet. "We have several items in our belongings."

Annabeth raised an eyebrow. "And where exactly could I find those items of yours?"

The cuffs finally opened and her wrists were free.

The witch replied, "Listen, I'm sorry about kidnapping you, I am, but that doesn't mean I have to tell you everything."

Annabeth stood up from the bed and strode across the room until she was a few steps away from Sophie. The blonde crossed her arms across her chest and her eyes seemed to bore straight into the person in front of her.

Sophie commented to Elijah, "She's a bit scary."

"Indeed, she is. So perhaps, you should begin explaining why you brought each of us here." The Mikaelson was talented at getting people to focus on the matter at hand.

The dark haired woman made eye contact with Annabeth. "I'm sorry for what I'm about to tell you, because you actually don't seem that bad. But...our lives have been tethered together."

"What?" Annabeth said in annoyance.

"Anything that happens to me happens to you. It's one of the spells my sister placed."

Elijah's tone had anger hidden behind fake calmness. "And exactly what other spells were placed?"

"Several things. But, right now, we want to make a deal with your brother."