03. the meeting

Alana sighs in both annoyance and anger as she looks at the groupchat she's in with her brother and their friends. "Liam, I swear I am going to kill you." She gets out of her bed angrily, leaving her room and slams her brother's bedroom door open. "Why the fuck is everyone so damn angry with me? What the fuck did you do, Liam?"

Liam, who is watching TikTok on his phone and barely even listening to his sister, doesn't look up at her but responds, "What are you talking about?"

"In the groupchat,  everyone is asking me why I did whatever the fuck it is that I did when I don't remember doing anything to piss anyone off and when I asked them what I did, they all told me to ask you. So what the fuck, Liam?"

Liam still didn't look up at his phone. "It's nothing. Don't about it."

Alana tries her best to keep her cool and not freak out when replying, "It's nothing? Please tell me you're joking. How the fuck is it nothing? Everyone is acting like I committed murder, Liam. That's not nothing."

"Like I said, it doesn't matter and it's nothing for you to worry about."

Alana pinches the bridge of her nose. "Oh my fucking god, Liam. You are un-fucking-believable. Are you not understanding where I'm coming from here? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from this conversation."

Liam finally looks up from his phone and at his sister before looking back down at his phone. "Ok."

Alana rolls her eyes. "I can't fucking believe you." She leaves his room to back to her own and when she turns around, she's met with a tall, built figure. "Oh fuck me." She looks up at the person's face only to see the cutest boy she has ever seen. "Oh shit I am so sorry." 

The other person laughs softly and Alana feels her heart skip a beat. "You're all good."

Alana suddenly remembers that she's never seen this boy before and there's someone that she doesn't know in her home. "I'm sorry but what're you doing in my apartment? And do I know you?"

He realizes this too and sticks out his hand for her to shake. "Well, I'm Ethan Landry. I'm assuming you're Liam's little sister, Lana. I'm here to work on a project for a class with him."

Alana stares at Ethan's hand for a moment before looking up at him. "How'd you know my name?" She subtly smiles before continuing, "And it's Alana to you. Only people who are close to me call me Lana." She scrunches her nose and whispers, "Sorry."

Ethan looks down and chuckles while playing with his fingers before looking back up at the prettiest girl he's ever seen. (a.n. and trust me when I say he's seen a lot of pretty girls.) "Your brother talks about you a lot." Ethan sees the shock displayed on her face before she quickly masks it.

"H-he does? What does he say."

"All good things. I promise."

Alana laughs nervously before saying, "Oh okay. Well, I actually have somewhere to be and someone to meet, Ethan. So just make yourself at home while I go let him know that you're." She smiles at Ethan before turning back to her brother's room and opening the door to see him changing. "Your friend Ethan's here for your project or whatever it is."

Liam grabs a shirt from his closet refusing to look at his sister. "Alright. Thanks, I guess."

"Yeah whatever." Alana closes the door and turns around running to Ethan once more. "Jesus dude. Personal space exists and I would love to have it. Please." She slightly moves him back and gets a call from her best friend, Arianna, and answers, "Dude what?"

"Why hello to you too."

Alana sighs. "Sorry." She smiles at Ethan before walking away to her room. "Liam pissed me off and his," She lowers her voice thinking he can't hear but he can still hear her and smiles when she says, "Very pretty friend," She goes back to a normal volume as she walks into her room to grab her bag and keys, "Came by to work on a project or whatever and I ran into him twice because of how close he was to me." She grabs her bag and keys before leaving her room and shutting the door behind her. "Anyways what's up?"