Unexpected

Priya di and Armaan whenever met shared a warmth that no words can express. It was like a sweet brother-sister relationship between them. I admired both of them but hardly interfered in their conversations. It was not before a tragedy happened with Armaan that I started conversing with him on regular intervals.

The day was simple like any other day . I came from school and reached tuition. There I didn't realise or may be I did not pay attention that Armaan was not there. Finally, I reached home at around 4:30 pm and directly went to sleep.

Mom came with a cup of tea in her hand. 'Woke up, Pooja', her melodious voice reached my ears. I love the way she treated me, especially the way she wake me up. I stretched my arms while waking up, usually what everyone do after a tired workout.

'Where is Papa, mumma?', I asked simply.
'Do you know what happened?', she asked me while raising up her eyebrows.
'What?', I asked in a normal voice without knowing the real story of her surprise and astonishment.
'Your friend... Who is studying with you. What is his name... 'Ammmm....hmm... Armaan', Mom stressed too much on her memory to recall his name.
'Yes', I replied. Now little bit my heart started beating faster without any reason.

'His grandpa is dead'
'What?' I replied simply but my mind was filled with so many questions.
'What happened to him?', I asked my mother who was ready to leave the room.
'I don't know', she replied and left me all alone with my thoughts.

I sighed for a minute and held my cup and started staring outside the window. The life is so unexpected.