Reply

On the same night, we discussed till very late. The topic was his shayri, the inspiration behind it, who that lucky girl was, etc.

When I found nothing interesting, I bid hom goodbye but the words of his shayri was still roaming into my head.

I woke up from my bed, took a small diary, first write his shayri and then tried to give him a reply as I was 50-50 that the shayri was for me only.

I wrote,
Maan hai tuhade pyaar ty, tuhade eitbaar ty, tuhade intezaar ty, uss khushnaseeb di zubaan ty
Jo tuhanu haa khegi tuhadi dil di rani bn jeevegi
Pr ik mashfara rakh leyo bhuta chir na layo izhaar krde
Kithe eh na hove koi hor hi le jaye tuhadi heer nu vyah krke

Did you see the power of love. I already told my punjabi was worse. But still I wrote shayri in punjabi.

I clicked a photograph and send it to Armaan. The double tick instantly turned into blue. After a minute, he started typing.....

Eida koi kive le jaye sadi heer nu
sb to phela usnu apni bnavage

I replied, 'wah'. And I burst into laughter. I think he too smiled alot.

It was my first professional writing and I not only used to write my thoughts in it but sometimes Armaan's shayri too.

He was my 'Ustaad ji'. Whenever, I called him with this name, he get irritated but I loved to do so. Writing was my hidden talent but it was glorified due to him only. I mostly wrote in punjabi afterwards. And that too because of.......

Yes, it was you.