Chatting

I assured after the incident that I would occassionally talk to Armaan about his well being. The loss he faced and that too on a sudden account brought an unknown pain to my heart and a sense of closeness for him.

We started chatting regularly. As we had different mindsets so rather than completing the conversation on good account, we usually fought.

However, still we started talking regularly. It was first started from casual knowhow. However, later on we moved to burning topics of our society, community and so on. We then shared a good bond together.

He sometimes asked me some personal questions too which I found strange but interesting one too. Like he asked me about the qualities I expect in my future husband. Oh please! But still I replied what I felt right at that time with full of humour.

These types of chatting continued between us. One day, I didn't know why but suddenly I felt that I was wasting my time in this silly chat show. So, I texted Armaan, "Don't message me now and please delete my number too.'

He replied, 'ok.'

As the board exam bells were ringing at our doors, I hardly text anybody. However, I came across one problem. For which I need Armaan's help. I was in a dire need of previous year papers. I can't understand why I thought that he was the only one to help me at that time.

Anyhow, I texted him and he replied, 'I don't have'.

I replied, 'ok'.

He asked, 'Whether I should save your number or not?'

I replied, 'Please save it' with laughing emojis.

After some days he came at my house with solved papers in his hand and handed it to my mother. I later on texted him and asked about it as he categorically denied first. So he simply replied, I purchased it.

As he did a favour for me so I wrote his practical notebook too. After all a friend in need is a friend indeed.

Finally the day approached and we had our first exam on 3rd of  March, 2010. He texted me late in the night 'All the best' at around 1:28pm.

I wake up early in the morning and started revising my syllabus. Di came to my room with her phone in her hand and checked her whatsapp.

Armaan sent you good wishes. She said with a witty smile. I smiled and didn't reply. But later on when she left the room, I texted him, 'To you too'.

Whatsapp showed a single tick on the message.